Anybody Looking For A Nace Pro 18 Combo?

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I'm sitting on a Nace Pro 18 combo that I never use.
It's been completely neglected since I bought it and is in mint condition.

I don't like owning stuff I don't use so, It may be time to say good bye.

I usually sell my gear on Reverb but, I thought I'd check with the BGU gang before I go that route.

If your interested, drop me a line.

IMG_2504.jpg IMG_2499.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2504.jpg
    IMG_2504.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2499.jpg
    IMG_2499.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2500.jpg
    IMG_2500.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I am interested in hearing why it has sat neglected??
My #1 amp is my Victoria that I run though an attenuator to manage volume at home.
I was looking for an amp with record out and manageable in-home volume.

It was a toss up between the Nace (tubes) and the Quilter (solid state), I bought the Nace.
I like tubes and it has a built in attenuator & line out.
The plan was that it would become my recording amp.

I then built my home studio that's sound isolated (sound proofed) so, I can crank up my amps without disturbing the wife or neighbors.
Now I mic the amps instead of using line out or attenuators as my go-to recording set up.

Consequently, I never use the Nace in the studio.
I thought I'd keep it for a grab and go for gigs but these days that's a pipe dream.
I've got a Goodsell amp and a small Roland I can use for that so............there ya go!

As I said, I'm not a collector and I don't like keeping gear that I don't use.
It's clean and in mint condition so, I thought it would be the easiest to sell or trade.

Last edited:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
If I thought it would make me play like the guy in the video, I'd buy it!!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Sounds like a pretty class amp. I would love it, as you probably know how I like clean (ish) tones. (although, hanging around with TZ and the bottom dwellers is dragging me closer to the dark side):sneaky:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
If I thought it would make me play like the guy in the video, I'd buy it!!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Sounds like a pretty class amp. I would love it, as you probably know how I like clean (ish) tones. (although, hanging around with TZ and the bottom dwellers is dragging me closer to the dark side):sneaky:
Ya know,
As I've done some archival searching on this amp, I'm starting to look at it in a different way.
John Bohlinger's review reminded me that it harkens back to early days without pedals.

Generally speaking I use my main amp as a pedal platform to get the tone I'm looking for.
If I look at the NACE as a raw tone generator without pedals it might be nice to blend in with my other amps.
I remember watching many vids (like the pedal show boys) that tout the big sound you get from two amps.

Maybe I'll dust it off, plug it in and do some experimenting with a dual amp rig.
My Victoria is a Fender clone while the NACE is leaning in the Marshall direction.
Maybe they'll compliment each other.

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
Years ago I had a one of a kind Deluxe. It sorta just ended up with me. I couldn't see my way past four strings and finally got careless and sold it. That is the only amp I ever regret selling. I sure hope this Nace doesn't become your Deluxe.:(
I think you have a great idea there too, You can run my pedal setup with the Nace, (just like you said)...a 15' Mogami, you can get all kinds of cool tones out of it!!! :Beer:
Just think of how excited you would be if you were in the hunt and you came across your own add!!! (y)

If I thought it would make me play like the guy in the video, I'd buy it!!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I love that MM! When I went to a new job one time, my boss informed me that "we" wear ties here. I told him if I could get things to run better I'd wear two of the damn things! Yeah, I ended up wearing one....until I took his job!!! :LOL:(y):LOL:

Last edited:

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I don't recall ever seeing that review! Pretty cool stuff.
I've had three Nace amps M1-18R (Tall Black), M1-18R (purple) & My favorite Pro18 (I sold my M1-18R (Tall Black) because , well I really didn't need three.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I don't recall ever seeing that review! Pretty cool stuff.
I've had three Nace amps M1-18R (Tall Black), M1-18R (purple) & My favorite Pro18 (I sold my M1-18R (Tall Black) because , well I really didn't need three.
I've got 2 Nace amps. The Pro 18 head and also a combo. I love the tone of these amps and really like that no tube biasing is necessary. They are my go to low watt amps. With all the other amps I have I can't see having another one either........ :Beer:

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Ya know,
As I've done some archival searching on this amp, I'm starting to look at it in a different way.
John Bohlinger's review reminded me that it harkens back to early days without pedals.

Generally speaking I use my main amp as a pedal platform to get the tone I'm looking for.
If I look at the NACE as a raw tone generator without pedals it might be nice to blend in with my other amps.
I remember watching many vids (like the pedal show boys) that tout the big sound you get from two amps.

Maybe I'll dust it off, plug it in and do some experimenting with a dual amp rig.
My Victoria is a Fender clone while the NACE is leaning in the Marshall direction.
Maybe they'll compliment each other.
Your post got me thinking about my Nace Pro 18 that comes and goes in my playing rotation but for what ever reason, has been sitting idle more often lately. I fired it up last night and reintroduced my tele to the Nace. Now it has me wondering why have been ignoring the pro 18??? Between the clean and the boost, I was able to get the tele singing. Looks like I have fallen back in love with the Nace.

Last edited: