Anthony Stauffer's 50 Monster SRV Licks You Must Know

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
Being a big SRV fan I previewed what was free in this course and it is just smokin fast licks. I'm wondering if I should even bother considering this. I'm not even close to that speed. Or should I treat it as just another speed building course and push myself beyond my limits as Griff suggests in his course. AND since they don't count it out for you I would have to take some time out to do that as well. I don't need another course sitting on the shelf.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
It never hurts to work on something you you like if it keep you moving forward.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Not familiar with that course. Is it just licks and only licks? If it is, then treat it like another speed building course. If it's not counted out for you, then it will be a good exercise for your counting chops too.

Have you got a link to the course? I looked on the TBA website and didn't see it anywhere.

TerryH

Blues Newbie
I don't know if it helps, but what about simplifying the lick or just using part of it.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
I bought it a few years ago. There are a bunch of useful licks (or parts of licks) in it. It's often on sale for a lot less though, so I wouldn't get it at its current price.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Looks like an interesting course. I just tried to buy it and couldn't make it through the checkout with either Paypal or a credit card.

Mr.Scary

Nothin' says you gotta be able to play that fast.

You might like fitting those licks in somewhere at a slower tempo.

If my goal was to play every solo in Griff's courses as fast as he does I would have given up long ago.:whistle:
Working with the first 5 "Core" licks and while I am not lightning fast like Anthony , I find I can play them to a Slow Blues . So I'll go with that right now.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
If I might make a suggestion, to go along with that maybe check out Blues Speed Building Blocks, if you haven't already.

Most SRV licks are triplet based, and many of the licks in BSBB are in the SRV style and are triplet based, so you'll get good practice increasing speed and counting. The combination could be extremely effective.

Mr.Scary

If I might make a suggestion, to go along with that maybe check out Blues Speed Building Blocks, if you haven't already.

Most SRV licks are triplet based, and many of the licks in BSBB are in the SRV style and are triplet based, so you'll get good practice increasing speed and counting. The combination could be extremely effective.
Griff I've got both speed courses and most others except the individual song courses and just picked up the Lick Voc. Course. I like stevie so I figured what the heck. I feel for courses are better because of the counting factor and toy expression things. That's why I don't have many others courses. Just a few. Keep them coming.