another "who" song - re-visited

Elwood

Blues
So many played this song(better), I suppose you could blame this on Bo Diddly, but there will be 20 others pop up with origins. Anyway, this is another one I was working on before I got the new amp. (Not much getting done since that happened except turning knobs and messing with the computer, you know those tweed amps sound so good in the simulator. As I remember them they were usually in pawn shops. If I saw one in use it would sound so bad that only a harp player would want it. Tape over the tears in the speaker cones, smelling and stained from beer and smoke, microphonic tubes. These computer tweeds rock!!! I'll use one in the future.)

There is no link to originality here, just messin around, no need to get complicated with three chords when two will do for a while, maybe?

Same band as last time.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/khfex1e2u1mbj0k/who do you love-002.wav?dl=0

Too late to keep that day job guys :)

Elwood the Meanderthal

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Sounding good! Glad to see you back at it. You kept a nod to the original but made it your own in a good way.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
doh !!!!!! for some reason on the intro part, I thought you were going to play squeeze box..................now excuse me while I turn in my musician card

But seriously, cool, you turned it into a you version

WimVD

Every day I have the blues
So many played this song(better), I suppose you could blame this on Bo Diddly, but there will be 20 others pop up with origins. Anyway, this is another one I was working on before I got the new amp. (Not much getting done since that happened except turning knobs and messing with the computer, you know those tweed amps sound so good in the simulator. As I remember them they were usually in pawn shops. If I saw one in use it would sound so bad that only a harp player would want it. Tape over the tears in the speaker cones, smelling and stained from beer and smoke, microphonic tubes. These computer tweeds rock!!! I'll use one in the future.)

There is no link to originality here, just messin around, no need to get complicated with three chords when two will do for a while, maybe?

Same band as last time.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/khfex1e2u1mbj0k/who do you love-002.wav?dl=0

Too late to keep that day job guys :)

Elwood the Meanderthal

Nice one, Elwood.
Your playing style makes me think of J.J. Cale.

Wim.

Elwood

Blues
Kind responses, thanks! Some boring bass in there but that's all I came up with. Goofin on the voice, trying to find a "comfort zone" where I can deliver the necessary story element to the song AND stay in pitch. Someday.

Recording stuff Cap'n? Compared to you guys I took two cans and a line.... I tried to absorb some of the wisdom that many of you shared here on the forum. MFSDOTD fixed me up with some small Mackie monitors and a MXL 990 mic on the cheap. A friend took mercy on my recording ineptitude and gifted me a Mackie Onyx Artist 1-2 mic pre-amp, interface gizmo. I tried, liked, and purchased Reaper. Now I now only know what a DAW is, I have one! The only processing I do is to use some comp and eq with canned presets and some reverb from somewhere. So right now (until I find my old Shure, it's here somewhere) the MXL does all mic duty, pretty well I believe. When I did these two tunes I used my Fender Frontman 25r (w/ Ragin Cajun) with the mic up near the edge of the cone, just like someone here said. Oh yeah, my old Sennheiser cans left black rotting rubber in my hair (gees, after what I've been through I thought the end was at hand, what a relief it was just the headphones!) so I grabbed a set of Yamaha MT-5s. Really comfy on my head and sound fine. So low tech stuff but I'm trying. Hey, Wim got his acoustic to sound great on less...but I know I'm way back in the mirrors compared to some of you guys.

My bass amp has a line out, and so does my new super champ x2. Things should get cleaner with the playing. I don't know what to do about the singing except to keep trying if I want to do it. Only way to make it better fast is to issue beer and ear plugs to prospective audiences.

Ted, arock :)

Mark, love the imagery...down to the twist and shout. Woulda been better that way for sure!!!

Thanks Wim, I think I feel like J.J. looks in some of his later appearances, don't know about the sounding part... :) Seriously, As far as playing, I love that old Tulsa , almost too late on the meter, laid back, ain't going nowhere in a hurry, and I'll play a note when I feel like it, groove. It is one of my favorite feels and so far it is like seeing a beautiful sunrise, oh it will happen, I just can't make it happen, yet.

Last edited: