Another Facebook Live today in one hour (4pm)

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Noth'n

I don't have FB and last time I could watch the concert.
This time can't get in.

Last edited:

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Caught most of the show while I was working, Mike. Made for a nice background while I was importing data and building slicers. Good job, amigo! I liked your version of Blue on Black. Haven't heard that one in a while.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I used the link you provided.

The site said you were live.

There was a red button flashing the word "live".

All I saw was an empty chair.:confused:

I tried several times over the course of a half-hour.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I used the link you provided.

The site said you were live.

There was a red button flashing the word "live".

All I saw was an empty chair.:confused:

I tried several times over the course of a half-hour.
That's really odd. I had 20-30 people on the feed watching & making requests.

There must be something different with this one because when I look at my page, I see several older "Concerts", but I don't see yesterday's.
I'll probably have this FB Live thing figured out about the time we all go back to playing in bars and no one does FB live any more.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
FB won't take you to an individual's page (which is where the archive now resides) if you are not logged in (or don't have an account).
When you're live streaming, it's available to the public, but once it is done, it goes on your timeline.
For anyone who would like to see this without using Facebook, I have an unofficial bootleg.
Live Concert - MikeS-May 6, 2020

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
FB won't take you to an individual's page (which is where the archive now resides) if you are not logged in (or don't have an account).
When you're live streaming, it's available to the public, but once it is done, it goes on your timeline.
For anyone who would like to see this without using Facebook, I have an unofficial bootleg.
Live Concert - MikeS-May 6, 2020

Is there anything I can do to fix this?
BTW I played some music on the way in and I got a notice that it was copyrighted material and FB said they would mute that portion.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Is there anything I can do to fix this?
BTW I played some music on the way in and I got a notice that it was copyrighted material and FB said they would mute that portion.
I'm not familiar enough with Facebook and their ever changing interface, so I don't know if there is a way to fix it or not.
As far as the bootleg, I didn't listen too far into it, so I don't know if FB actually did mute audio. Did they give you a timeline of what they muted? Are they talking about the canned version of Hold On, I'm Coming that was playing while you were setting up? It's on the video.
The bootleg lives on my server, so anyone should be able to watch it.

Last edited:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I played some music on the way in and I got a notice that it was copyrighted material and FB said they would mute that portion.

Just curious how many songs you played that aren't copyrighted?

Did they go through your playlist song by song?

How would they even know which songs to check out?

If you did all cover songs would they mute the whole show?

Curiouser and curiouser.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I'm not familiar enough with Facebook and their ever changing interface, so I don't know if there is a way to fix it or not.
As far as the bootleg, I didn't listen too far into it, so I don't know if FB actually did mute audio. Did they give you a timeline of what they muted? Are they talking about the canned version of Hold On, I'm Coming that was playing while you were setting up? It's on the video.
The bootleg lives on my server, so anyone should be able to watch it.
All they said was xx.xx minutes were muted (2 min 9 sec?) Yes, I THINK they were talking about Hold On while I was setting the camera and maybe another one at the end.when I was shutting it down.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Just curious how many songs you played that aren't copyrighted?

Did they go through your playlist song by song?

How would they even know which songs to check out?

If you did all cover songs would they mute the whole show?

Curiouser and curiouser.

They only flagged the songs of the artists original recordings (Like Clapton "Hold On I'm Coming") that I played "Juke Box" style while I was setting up and not playing.
Either they don't care if you are covering them or my covers are so bad that they can't tell what song it is. LOL