Ahh Hhaa

JffKnt

Blues Newbie
That's what this course is for me. A real eye opener. I wish I was introduced to this concept 50 years ago.

I just got through the first 5 licks in the key of A. I can pretty much play them in any order (with lick 5 staying in the third or last position). It amazes me that I can "improvise" on the fly. And this is just the beginning.

For years I've been watching Griff post videos showing a lick from one of the greats. I would think to myself "cool lick". But I never, ever had a clue how to use any of those licks. Another example of the same concept is all the solos I've learned in Griff's courses. I've thought to myself, "gee, there's a COOL lick" in that solo but never knew how to do anything with it outside the solo wherein I learned the lick.

Now I have a way to be able to take what I think sounds good from one song and use it as part of one of MY solos. And I've played some really cool licks learning solos, e.g. Lick #3 from Solo 3 in BGU 2.0. (that's a fist full of very cool notes). I never really learned the lick outside the context of that solo. Now that I know how to internalize/learn the lick (4 qualities of a blues lick) and play it over and over all 12 bars of the blues progression, I know I'll be able to incorporate that SUPER F'n COOL LICK into my solos...as well as some others tasty licks that I have in mind.

After I get this course down better, I'm going to be spending time with the Blues Solo Construction Kit(s).