Advice/Suggestions for AAP

TxStrat

Lovin’ the journey of life and the blues
Just signed up for All Access Pass. I’m really fired up but man there’s a lot! Any advice/suggestions for getting the most out of it? Should I go through one course at a time, mix them up, or just find what I feel like at the time? I don’t have much time during the week but still try to at least touch my guitar M-F. I do spend more time on the weekend. Any advice is appreciated!

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I think it all depends on where you are in your journey and how you learn best, I find I do better just picking up tidbits here and there on some things and do better with structured study on others

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Just signed up for All Access Pass. I’m really fired up but man there’s a lot! Any advice/suggestions for getting the most out of it? Should I go through one course at a time, mix them up, or just find what I feel like at the time? I don’t have much time during the week but still try to at least touch my guitar M-F. I do spend more time on the weekend. Any advice is appreciated!

I agree with Papabear that it depends on where you are in your learning, but it certainly doesn't hurt to identify the areas where you need work and to look for AAP sessions that support that need.

You may have already found the index, but just in case...

https://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/index.php?threads/aap-index.26488/

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Griff really takes the time to look at the suggestions in the all access area and then delivers content based on what people ask for. It's pretty amazing. I think it helps both us and him if we get really specific on things we are asking for. You can submit parts of pieces you are working on and he will listen and give help/feedback. You can even ask him to break down specific songs.

As far as the courses go yeah there is a lot. It's kind of overwhelming how good it is and how much there is. We might be able to better provide a couple of suggestions if you tell us more about your guitar playing history and some details on your strengths and weaknesses. ( No really we all hate to say we have any strengths its so relative right but if for example someone has been playing 10 years and has a bunch of stuff down it's relevant etc ).

I have not finished any of the courses. Probably wont but who knows maybe after I retire. Some people do actually finish one course then plow into others etc. Make it fit your needs ha ha!

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
If you can let me know more about where you are, and where you want to be, I'm happy to make suggestions... most folks will tell you that I'm not shy about telling folks what to do ;)

TxStrat

Lovin’ the journey of life and the blues
Right now I’m working through 52 Rhythm Fills and How to Jam Blues Alone on both electric and acoustic and really enjoying mixing the two together. I’m thinking How to Build Blues Songs would be another one to start adding in to get creative in using what I’m learning to create some songs?