acoustic Sleepwalk...sorta

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Since I get to work from home all the time during these covid times, I'll often take my happy self to the music room to play the guitar sometimes when I should be eating lunch. Today I got to playing around with what I think I remember Setzer's version of Sleepwalk sounding like. Here's the beginning of it. I kind of like where it seems to be heading, so I'm probably going to keep working on it. Also, switch it over to an electric so it rings out a bit more.

I wanted to be sure that I remembered what I was doing, so just grabbed my phone, hit the button, and set it on the stand. So it's pretty much a potato vid.

What do y'all think? Is it worth pursuing a bit more?

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
I kind of like where it seems to be heading,
There ya go snarf, you answered it yourself. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about it, you're obviously enjoying it, and you've already got a good handle on it, so go for it.(y):)

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Great stuff. Keep going!
Ok, what guitar are you playing? Either my eyes are going or that guitar doesn't have a sound hole!

snarf

Great stuff. Keep going!
Ok, what guitar are you playing? Either my eyes are going or that guitar doesn't have a sound hole!
No need to have your eyes checked, you're seeing it correctly. The sound hole is on the side. It's a Boulder Creek Solitaire. I got it back in like 2007 at the Dallas Guitar Show. To my ear, it has a bright sound that leans towards being kind of percussive. It sounds completely different than my Martins...kinda leans towards that Taylor-esque sound, but really has its own, unique voice. I think it sounds pretty good unplugged, and sounds really good plugged in.

61frQ3Sfe6L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
Very nice snarf! Keep going for sure!! That reminded me I used to play that song with my daughter when she had an interest... Probably over 15 years ago now... I just played the rhythm and she played the melody.. Love that song... Anyway, nice job and keep on it!!

snarf

come on I feel cheated
That was all I had time to figure out during lunch today. I also need to listen to it a time or two to remember how the rest of it goes. lol After I do that, I'll work on the rest of it. Once I get it done I may post the whole thing. Mrs Snarf was watching something over the weekend and it came on in the background of what she was watching. That was what made me think I needed to learn it. I dig your interpretation of it as well!