acoustic Sleepwalk...sorta

Discussion in 'Other Member Recordings' started by snarf, Nov 17, 2020.

1. snarf

snarf musician wannabe

Since I get to work from home all the time during these covid times, I'll often take my happy self to the music room to play the guitar sometimes when I should be eating lunch. Today I got to playing around with what I think I remember Setzer's version of Sleepwalk sounding like. Here's the beginning of it. I kind of like where it seems to be heading, so I'm probably going to keep working on it. Also, switch it over to an electric so it rings out a bit more.

I wanted to be sure that I remembered what I was doing, so just grabbed my phone, hit the button, and set it on the stand. So it's pretty much a potato vid.

What do y'all think? Is it worth pursuing a bit more?

2. Many Moons

Many Moons Biking+Blues=Bliss

There ya go snarf, you answered it yourself. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about it, you're obviously enjoying it, and you've already got a good handle on it, so go for it.(y):)

snarf likes this.
  3. Hangnman

Hangnman Blues addicted

Sounding good! I love the chord progression (y)

snarf likes this.
  4. MikeS

MikeS Allen, TX
    Staff Member

Great stuff. Keep going!
    Ok, what guitar are you playing? Either my eyes are going or that guitar doesn't have a sound hole!

snarf likes this.
  5. snarf

snarf musician wannabe

No need to have your eyes checked, you're seeing it correctly. The sound hole is on the side. It's a Boulder Creek Solitaire. I got it back in like 2007 at the Dallas Guitar Show. To my ear, it has a bright sound that leans towards being kind of percussive. It sounds completely different than my Martins...kinda leans towards that Taylor-esque sound, but really has its own, unique voice. I think it sounds pretty good unplugged, and sounds really good plugged in.

[​IMG]

Elwood likes this.
  6. artyman

artyman Fareham UK

#6 artyman, Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  7. jackderby52

jackderby52 Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)

Very nice snarf! Keep going for sure!! That reminded me I used to play that song with my daughter when she had an interest... Probably over 15 years ago now... I just played the rhythm and she played the melody.. Love that song... Anyway, nice job and keep on it!!

snarf likes this.
  8. CaptainMoto

CaptainMoto Blues Voyager

Pretty Good, I think!
    Can't tell for sure, I dozed off.:whistle::sleep:

Pretty cool guitar (y)

snarf likes this.
  9. snarf

snarf musician wannabe

That was all I had time to figure out during lunch today. I also need to listen to it a time or two to remember how the rest of it goes. lol After I do that, I'll work on the rest of it. Once I get it done I may post the whole thing. Mrs Snarf was watching something over the weekend and it came on in the background of what she was watching. That was what made me think I needed to learn it. I dig your interpretation of it as well!

Elwood likes this.
  10. BigMike

BigMike Blues Oldie

Worth putting some more work in I reckon, sounds good to start with.

snarf likes this.