ABGU

WarrenHummel

Blues Newbie
Hi all
recieved my course materials from Griff last week , was diving into it and having alot of fun because of the length of time the guitar has sat ,I've started at page one .
My big question is would using an electric guitar hurt my practice.Got the old acoustic guitar out the other day and noticed that the bridge is cracked right by the saddle. Will be 4 to 6 weeks before the new bridge will be shipped and then I have to have someone replace it on the guitar . so i'll looking at some time without the acoustic . Oh well happy new year

Warren Hummel

steve o

Student Of The Blues
An electric guitar will be fine to work on the course. Finger memory and technique can’t tell the difference between an electric and acoustic guitar. On the plus side, practicing on an electric will probably be easier on your fingers (the strings aren’t normally as thick). Practice away my brother!:)

jammoore99

Blues Newbie
Using an electric guitar will work. I switch on / off between my acoustic and electric, depending which one is out at the time.

WarrenHummel

Blues Newbie
Hi Thanks for the input , it just sucks that the bridge on my acoustic cracked and it will be 2 to 4 weeks before they will ship a new one and then i have to have someone install it . think it was the humidity , have a humidifier ordered from amazon for the guitar room. this can get quite expensive if the bridges keep cracking . Anyway thanks for all the feedback. I just recieved the course and was really getting into it and noticed the crack . Oh well life goes on , will just use the electric until i can get the problems with the acoustic straighten out. Warren Hummel