AAP sessions

Chris L. Babcock

Blues Newbie
I'm just wondering..I got the December schedule and the times changed from 3pm to 2pm...is the new times or is just this month we are doing this...my concern is I personally can't make 2pm classes...I know they are recorded but not quite the same as live sessions....just wondering

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I'm just wondering..I got the December schedule and the times changed from 3pm to 2pm...is the new times or is just this month we are doing this...my concern is I personally can't make 2pm classes...I know they are recorded but not quite the same as live sessions....just wondering

No idea if it's permanent or not. Maybe Griff will talk about it during the first session. Might have something to do with our European folks. Probably makes it a bit easier for them. Maybe worse for our Ausies.

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
Didn't Griff move East? Time comes earlier there - if he moves far enough East he'll catch up with us Aussies (y)

david moon

Attempting the Blues
He used to post 3 PM local and 6 PM Eastern. Now that he has moved, it might be 2 PM local but still 6 Eastern. Nope, wrong direction. If he moves east the time difference is less. The time diff to my relatives in TX is 2 hours, not 3 hours to CA

So 2 PM in TX is 4PM on the east coast and kind of in the middle of the work day. But then we're at home and "flexing".

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
He used to post 3 PM local and 6 PM Eastern. Now that he has moved, it might be 2 PM local but still 6 Eastern. Nope, wrong direction. If he moves east the time difference is less. The time diff to my relatives in TX is 2 hours, not 3 hours to CA

So 2 PM in TX is 4PM on the east coast and kind of in the middle of the work day. But then we're at home and "flexing".
Time listed on the AAP email (and AAP section of members website) is still Pacific.
2 PM Pacific is 5PM Eastern, so they will be one hour earlier than November.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member

Eastern & Central are one time zone apart, so it's 1 hour, but he is still listing the times in Pacific time.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Far west Texas (El Paso) is Mountain Time, so 1 hour behind Central (Griff) and 1 hour ahead of Pacific, 2 hours behind Eastern, 3 hours behind Atlantic Central Time. :confused:

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Far west Texas (El Paso) is Mountain Time, so 1 hour behind Central (Griff) and 1 hour ahead of Pacific, 2 hours behind Eastern, 3 hours behind Atlantic Central Time. :confused:
The job I left a couple of years ago dealt with time zones that stretched from USVI to CNMI. My boss' boss was adamant that ET was the official time zone and should be used in all correspondence, but then would get mad when he would send out an email saying "the meeting is at 10a" and half the folks wouldn't attend because they were thinking 10a local time or they didn't get the conversion right. My boss used to laugh at my emails and meeting invites because, to be sure everyone was on the same page, I'd spell it out. "The meeting will be Mon at 11a AT, 10a ET, 9a CT, 7a PT, 5a HI, 1p Tuesday Saipan." And I'm not sure if I have that CNMI calculation right (it's been too long), but I think "+4 hours, opposite am/pm, tomorrow" was how I'd quickly figure them.

[/hijack]

david moon

Attempting the Blues
If you look at a map, you realize Texas is not that far from Eastern, and there's a lot of Mountain before you get to Pacific. (time zone)

snarf

I think that he said it was going to be a couple of days before it was up because he still had a couple of tech challenges at their new place. I could be wrong, but I believe that's what I remember hearing.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I think that he said it was going to be a couple of days before it was up because he still had a couple of tech challenges at their new place. I could be wrong, but I believe that's what I remember hearing.
Thanks- that makes sense, it's only been like 24 hours. I'm just pissed that I knew about it and intended to join in, but forgot about it when the time came.

snarf

I knew about it and intended to join in, but forgot about it when the time came.
I totally feel your pain! lol When I changed jobs last year, my schedule changed, and the sessions have been during work time for me. It irritates me to no end, when I'm watching on the side, Griff's talking about something interesting, and my boss calls about something just before my work day is done. Honestly, my boss doesn't care that I'm watching something and not completely focused on work, but I'm not about to tell him to "call me later because I'm watching something more interesting than whatever it is you're about to tell me." :ROFLMAO::whistle:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I totally feel your pain! lol When I changed jobs last year, my schedule changed, and the sessions have been during work time for me. It irritates me to no end, when I'm watching on the side, Griff's talking about something interesting, and my boss calls about something just before my work day is done. Honestly, my boss doesn't care that I'm watching something and not completely focused on work, but I'm not about to tell him to "call me later because I'm watching something more interesting than whatever it is you're about to tell me." :ROFLMAO::whistle:
I was working at home and could have paused and joined in- just forgot.