A little F# for a change of pace

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Getting back at it after being out of town all week for work and no guitar. This is a short (5:30) jam track from Griff in F#. Not sure that I have ever played anything in F# so it put me a little out of the comfort zone but I guess that is a good thing every now and then! I played to the 1:40 mark. I did kind of end at an odd spot so I apologize in advance for that.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/k8mn0urh5w7ekvi/Got Nowhere To Turn F#.mp3?dl=0

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
Holy cow, F#?!

I’d never played in F# until tonight - when I called a song at tonight’s “open jam with Griff” (My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Momma, by Frank Zappa) - called that song and key just to throw him off in our ongoing guitar duel...

By the way, didn’t really throw him off! :)

Let me take a run through this when I get home...

Kevin

Norfolk Bill

norfolk uk, just knoodling along
nice :) good playing and tone ,,,,,i can never see the problem of different keys ,,,,i just play the same old rubbish :)

Kommetjie

Blues Newbie
Getting back at it after being out of town all week for work and no guitar. This is a short (5:30) jam track from Griff in F#. Not sure that I have ever played anything in F# so it put me a little out of the comfort zone but I guess that is a good thing every now and then! I played to the 1:40 mark. I did kind of end at an odd spot so I apologize in advance for that.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/k8mn0urh5w7ekvi/Got Nowhere To Turn F#.mp3?dl=0

Great tone . . . what's your recipe, Ted?

Ted_Zeppelin

Great tone . . . what's your recipe, Ted?

Not sure that I have figured out the recipe yet. I use my Helix LT for all recording...and pretty much all playing any more. I rarely fire up the Marshall or Fender . The hard part for me is finding a good tone to match up to the backing track. There have been many times that I have picked a preset that sounds good but when I listen to the recording back, it just doesn’t sound as good. Now I normally just start the track, hit record and noodle around using several different presets. I then listen to the recording until I find a tone that is not too offensive to my ears.

mpaq

Canfield, Ontario, Canada
great thread guys, got somethin out of every take
great track Ted you nailed it...loved the effective use of the double stops at .57 and 1.03
paleo - great phrasing ideas and capt ive come to expect some cool and different sounds from you and you didnt dissapoint !

Ted_Zeppelin

I think that the VJR is a great place for all of us to take advantage of that is an excellent tool to improve our playing! I lurked around for quite a while until I got over the fear and jumped in. We can all learn from each other and give a little push that can lead us all to play things we never thought we were capable of. We may be hiding out here n the VJR basement but it’s a friendly bunch down here!

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
recording...done...finally...been playing with Reaper and got lost a bit...had to go back to Audacity to finish this...is what it is...had a little trouble getting a good feel for the song...starts about 4:10 in...later.

cowboy

Got Nowhere to Turn...

Last edited:

Ted_Zeppelin

recording...done...finally...been playing with Reaper and got lost a bit...had to go back to Audacity to finish this...is what it is...had a little trouble getting a good feel for the song...starts about 4:10 in...later.

cowboy

Got Nowhere to Turn...

Nice job Cowboy. Way to bring it on home and wrap it up. Out of curiosity, what issues were you having with Reaper? I am no expert but may be able to help out a little.