$475 rig vs $13,000 rig

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Here's one from Henning that was kind of fun and will let all of us exercise our confirmation bias a little. Be sure you listen to the the last couple of minutes where he does a good job reminding us that it's about the music and not the gear. Play music regardless of what gear you have to play it on.

Also, since that's the amp that I use most of the time, I totally dug the fact that his cheap rig was a Blackheart Little Ant. I've always said that Blackheart was one of the first affordable "boutique" sounding amps, and they sound way better than their price point. Yes, it makes me happy when I see someone besides myself give Blackheart a little love.

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
Blackhearts are built like tanks! I worked on a couple and they do sound good. I actually have pcbs and transformers for the 5w. But I need to build a chassis from scratch. I don’t know if I’d go as far as calling it boutique sounding? But they are nice sounding, and well built.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
With the highly compressed signal coming from YouTube to my highly compressed system coming from my computer to my little 1-1/4" speakers I have to say that the rhythm sections were pretty even. The solo was immediately noticeably better with the high end system. Having said that if we were all in the same room during this production process I can say that I would probably like the rhythm of one over the other. With all of that said, we can all certainly make music with whatever guitar and amp is in front of us. The cheapest of the cheap or the most expensive rig out there. :Beer:

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
It's ironic the cheep setup. The Phone would have cost more than the rest of the rig:rolleyes:
I also agree with most of what has been said. I prefered the cheep rhythm parts and the expensive solo. But I believe the solo was better on the expensive as that was easier to play. And theres the rub. If what you are playing (irrespective of what it costs) inspires you you will sound better to your audience as you will play better.

cheers

Al.

aleclee

Tribe of One
It's one thing to have equipment and another to know how to get the most out of it.

EPW4-uJUUAA4LdH