4 note sequence one on other string sets

R

RichC

I dont have my book with me so I cant refrence the lesson number. But Im referring to the lessson in which you take the initial 4 note sequence and practice the basic pattern on other string sets in all three keys covered initally on the B and High E strings.
In the later lesson I  noticed Griff did not actually play the riff on these other pairs of strings'; are we supposed to or just play the basic sequence and be aware where the four notes are located on each string set.

Rich C

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I'm not really sure which lesson you are referring to, but play them and learn them. Finding these patterns on other strings need to become second nature (I'm not there yet either). Particularly when you get to lesson 10.

wgabree

Blues Newbie
Rich - without reference to where, it's hard to address this.

I would say go back and watch the DVD a few more times, and if it's not clear what's going on, come back with the specific section of the DVD in question.   :cool:

R

RichC

Lesson 8 is the lesson I am referring to. Are we supposed to  play BB1 solo on each string set or just the 4 note sequence as done on the DVD and the CD.

Rich C

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Lesson 8 runs through page 52, so it looks to me like you are to play the box everyplace that you can in the Keys of Bb and F, just play all the tab examples in the lesson (examples 33-40), then you will be ready for lesson 9.