$179 Tele...($149 open box) MF or GC

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
I found this Tele (everyone needs a tele, or four) at both Musicians Friend and Guitar Center for the prices above. I have one in my cart. Might be the least expensive guitar I've ever been afraid to try to sneak into the house ( I can afford it but have been putting off something that is really, really, really important due to "money issues").
Thought I'd share while I make up my mind (suck up my courage).

Shodai

Blues Junior
Ok, let me start by saying the price is great, and I have a bullet strat that played very nicely and sounds good too. In short, the bullet series are actually pretty nice once you get them set up properly.

But the black.... The illusion of a floating guitar being played by by disembodied hands... Kind of creepy. If I end up with nightmares about zombie guitars, I'm blaming you!

sloslunas

NM Blues
I found this Tele (everyone needs a tele, or four) at both Musicians Friend and Guitar Center for the prices above. I have one in my cart. Might be the least expensive guitar I've ever been afraid to try to sneak into the house ( I can afford it but have been putting off something that is really, really, really important due to "money issues").
Thought I'd share while I make up my mind (suck up my courage).

So...when are they going to deliver it??

Steve

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Do you have a link? My stomach is starting to rumble, I feel kind of gassy :sick:

Glad I didn't see your post until this morning, 'cause this morning it's even less expensive! (y)

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier/Bullet-Stratocaster-Limited-Edition-Electric-Guitar-Red-Sparkle-1500000213722.gc?source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=CjwKCAiAu9vwBRAEEiwAzvjq-znjFVYX2fbIzxIAZ2hS-4MOCOoMTAdombjdXFuknrWue_I00xvjthoCUwUQAvD_BwE

Sorry. That's the Strat. I'll look up the Tele.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/gui...BS_a-f_VEd1CGqwAQ6OaLNOEKtof_tBhoCvScQAvD_BwE

About two lines under the price is the open box option for $143. Guitar Center has it for the same price.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier...zn8ZpwWj-ssPuse_xp31DALDbKBBbGHBoCtw4QAvD_BwE

Last edited:

Tayport

Blues Newbie
Congrats, I know how you feel. I wanted one of those Firefly hollow body's after reading the positive reviews. I finally did it, arrives next week.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Congrats, I know how you feel. I wanted one of those Firefly hollow body's after reading the positive reviews. I finally did it, arrives next week.

Congrats!
I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I have a car that desperately needs me to crawl under it and make it better. Until then I can't justify (to myself) even the small price of an economy guitar. At least not without sacrificing a different economy guitar. I see no point in that at this time.
It's more an issue of "won't" spend the money than "can't" spend the money. Not sure if I was clear about that in my earlier post.
I'm blown away by the $129 price on the Strat. I don't need another strat either but DAMN that's inexpensive!

Shodai

Blues Junior
I'm blown away by the $129 price on the Strat. I don't need another strat either but DAMN that's inexpensive!

I have a bullet strat. Sounds good, plays nice. The timing machines were horrible, but once I dropped in a new set of tuning machines, there's really nothing to complain about.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I have a mint green tele I took to one of the jams..............

Its not a bad guitar, and I have some fun with it, would I compare it to my higher end stuff ?
no, that would be silly

It does need to be set up properly and the pick ups adjusted, there is a huge volume difference in mine switching pick ups, you can feel the cheapness in the pots ans switches

looks wise, its very sweet. Neck is a little chunky, but I like it...........the tuning pegs, they blow, some cheap guitar fetish ones would be better, but thats my major complaint