12 days sale

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
Had Truefires Jeff McErlains 50 blues rock licks and 50 blues licks in my cart for $5 each then pulled them.
My thoughts- So I really need about more courses or licks ?

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I've taken a moratorium on buying new course material for the moment. I have purchased almost every course Griff has produced and have been in All Access Pass since its inception, as well as probably a dozen or more Truefire courses. I've gone down the 50 licks route, several times. I refer back to them every now and then, but there is more than enough material to keep me occupied and improving for the rest of my guitar playing days. I need more discipline, not more courses.

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
I've taken a moratorium on buying new course material for the moment. I have purchased almost every course Griff has produced and have been in All Access Pass since its inception, as well as probably a dozen or more Truefire courses. I've gone down the 50 licks route, several times. I refer back to them every now and then, but there is more than enough material to keep me occupied and improving for the rest of my guitar playing days. I need more discipline, not more courses.

Precisely my point

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I find that there are a ton of licks base courses in Griff's current catalog which included Steve Trovato. I can play them fairly quickly but to get them in my repertoire of licks to play jamming to songs it takes quite a long time. I'm finding some of the more interesting licks take me years. I'm just now getting some of the speed building licks to my fingers in a jamming context. First you have to play them properly and then you have to instinctively place them at the right place and rhythm within the song. I've got more than enough courses to fill my day.......... :Beer:

Last edited:

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Had Truefires Jeff McErlains 50 blues rock licks and 50 blues licks in my cart for $5 each then pulled them.

I did too until a took a look at some of the stuff in the course. Way beyond my ability, so that's why I pulled them.

BTW, the free course of the day today (12-16) is a pretty good compilation of different styles.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
So what y'all are telling me is that if I buy all these courses and then put them on my shelf that they're not actually improving my playing? Then why do I keep buying them? I thought buying more courses = better player. What is this practice y'all are talking about? :ROFLMAO:

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I like some of them, when I get into a rut, or tired of practicing something, I throw one of those courses on for two days

leftymike01

Blues Newbie
I too have about every course Griff has out, unfortunately i keep bouncing around
the course's which is my fault,I need to start over with BBG and move on to BLU
and make sure I have.I like when Griff does Demos and point's out which course is lesson is coming from
I have decide to focus on just Griff's course's he's all we ready need.
leftymike

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Well not to enable but the yearly access pass is on sale for $99. That gives you access to all of Trufire's courses, lesson plans, and discounts if you want to download and own the course.

It will renew at $99 every year if you allow it to and keep it current. I've had it for a couple years and feel it's well worth the money, if you use it

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Well not to enable but the yearly access pass is on sale for $99. That gives you access to all of Trufire's courses, lesson plans, and discounts if you want to download and own the course.

It will renew at $99 every year if you allow it to and keep it current. I've had it for a couple years and feel it's well worth the money, if you use it
Ditto

John-G

The Long and Winding Road
I too have deliberated whether or not to purchase this or that course. One look at my shelf with all of Griff's and others courses made me hold back. Like what others said before me, but in different words - It's not the amount of courses I have, but to what extent I make use of the courses I already have. Recognising this reality, I've decided not to purchase another course, regardless of price, until I've made full use of all the courses I already have.

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
I've decided not to purchase another course, regardless of price, until I've made full use of all the courses I already have.

Sounds like my New Year's resolution! I've already started by taking inventory of the courses I have and my progress with each. Truefire makes it easy to track your progress with their app but it's pretty easy to transfer the same idea to other courses. I have one more of Griff's courses that I want and just waiting for another sale.