11-4-2019 Session

PCM

Spring, Texas
@Griff,
Another excellent session yesterday! The "blues rules" plus how to evaluate "non-standard" changes and add modal touches greatly expands one's knowledge base and really opens up the fretboard. Just my humble opinion, but it would seem that the more knowledge one acquires, the more one can concentrate on creative imagination.

The session content seems perfect for inclusion in that new course you're working on. ;):):Beer:

PCM
Spring, Texas

Last edited:

Terry B

Humble student of the blues
Yes, a great session! I just got around to watching it and will be playing with the ii-V progression for the next while as a result; the application of modes are slowly starting to make sense. An aha moment: the reason to look at it as A Dorion rather than the G Major scale. (y)

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
The reason for NOT thinking G Major to play A Dorian is the same reason NOT to move the minor Pentatonic Box you are using down 3 frets to play Major.

We've come full circle.;)

(Or is that "full Box"?)

Last edited:

PCM

Spring, Texas
The reason for NOT thinking G Major to play A Dorian is the same reason NOT to move the minor Pentatonic Box you are using down 3 frets to play Major.

We've come full circle.;)

(Or is that "full Box"?)
Now I’m really confused....??? (No, I’m not...just kidding)