Honkytonk part 1

jporzelius

Blues Junior
This is my first effort at a youtube post.  If it works, it is a cover of Bill Doggett's Honkytonk, part 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-vzoADu4Y0

'93 epiphone les paul, epiphone valve jr., joyo delay, boss rc2 looper.

jahmer

johnc

systematic
Yes very good work jahmer, I enjoyed that and nice to see and hear you putting it out there, good on you.. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BBOP

Blues Newbie
right on Jahmer!! i still gotta figure out this looper thing to!!! never seem to get around to it!! lol

jporzelius

Blues Junior
Thanks for the feedback guys.  I don't feel smooth with the looper (I almost fell over when i stepped on it), but I have to use it cuz I don't have people to jam with yet. It's actually a lot of fun.  I usually just loop a 12 bar blues shuffle and then jam over it.   I've enjoyed listening the jams that you guys post. Hopefully, my next step will be jammin with some others.

jahmer

Spencer

Blues Newbie
Sounded great! Can you give your review of the looper? I'd love to hear your likes and dislikes with it. I really enjoyed your pickin' technique too. Good stuff!

jporzelius

Blues Junior
Thanks for the comments guys.  The valve jr. is stock.  It's the head and matching cab with the 12 inch Eminence speaker.  I bought it very lightly used. The recording was made with a Toshiba laptop built in web cam, not exactly high fidelity.

Spencer, I didn't know I had a "picking style" but glad you liked it.  Everything I know about guitar I learned from BGU and a couple of random youtube videos.  I sometimes worry that I'm doing something really wrong and don't know it, since I've never had any live instruction.  But, I'm having a lot of fun.

I really like the looper. It's the Boss RC2 which they don't make anymore. I picked it up at a pawn shop and downloaded the manual from the Boss site.  The manual is very useful.

I really like the drum tracks there's a bunch of them but I mainly use 2 or 3.  You can set or change the tempo of the drum patterns, or any loop you save which is great for learning stuff slow and then speeding it up.   

I usually just record a basic rhythm and then work solos or scales over it, but it can be fun to layer multiple tracks. 

I highly recommend it. I do notice that I will use it a lot for a few weeks, then spend more time playing to other jam tracks or working on other aspects of playing, but I always come back to it.  I wouldn't be without it.

jahmer