Studio Groove Deal

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
the-studio-one-essentials-bundle

Many Moons ask me to post this for him on here...he is computer-less and has been for over a week.

I hope it works. Fingers-crossed.
Glad to see you've had contact with @Many Moons.
There were a couple of us who were getting worried about him. He hasn't been on since early September and that's not characteristic for him. Tell him I said Hi and to get his damn computer fixed!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Adam and Eve had the first computer, and it was an Apple.
It had very limited memory - just one byte, but it changed the world.

True, but then they couldn't afford the upgrades, so they opened their Windows and threw it out.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Tell him I said Hi and to get his damn computer fixed!
Hi Lloyd.:) It's fixed, it's fixed....., honest!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (albeit with a second hand 10yr old graphics card:eek::eek:!!) Still gotta get a new computer though. There's only a 30 day warranty on that card, so dear knows how long it will last.:rolleyes: Once things settle down at Apple (what with all these new chips, M1's M1x's etc) I'll make a decision. At the moment I'm leaning heavily towards the MacMini.:)

BTW A word of warning to ya'll. When I was a working photographer I was pretty proficient at backing up my computers, but since retiring from photography 5 yrs ago, I sorta let it slip. I really wasn't sure what was on my hard drive when it crashed. It was only when it was fixed and I decided to do a full backup that I realised there were photoshoots of all my grandchildren and their birthday parties etc... Thankfully nothing was lost, but a valuable lesson learned. TIME FOR A BACKUP EVERYONE!!:D

It's good to be back.:)

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
I have a Microsoft Word document on each of my computers that tells me what I need to back up and where to find it. There's a copy of those documents on the external backup drive. Like @artyman , I backup regularly, and every time I do a backup of a machine I also review the document to make sure I've got all the information correct and up-to-date.

And don't believe what others say - I recently updated my wife's Mozilla Firefox browser from the 32-bit version to the 64-bit version. All of the Firefox doco said, "remove the 32-bit and install the 64-bit and all your bookmarks, signatures, cookies etc will be preserved" - well that's a load of horse hockey (thanks, Colonel Potter). I'm glad I'd backed up her bookmarks last month because they vanished in the update. That saved me from the dreaded evil-eye, "your dinner's in the oven", cold shoulder treatment.

And welcome back @Many Moons

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I use a program called SyncFolder to copy folders from one drive to a backup drive. It runs automatically at night, and it does an incremental backup so it's quick.