Would you go to this jam?

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
These dudes are hosting a blues jam in Albion, which is 50 miles away. It could be interesting or a complete train wreck. I’ll most likely pass. . 14CA7AC8-4C86-48F4-96E3-6CCC83D5781D.jpeg

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I'm wondering if any Blues jams will be viable in the near future (1 to 3 years). With vaccine passports looming, mask mandates, and other non scientific requirements mandated. Nothing appears likely. :(

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Never been a fan of accordions or washboards. Sounds kinda like a Zydeco/Blues band, but the guitar solo at the 4:00 minute mark was pretty compelling.

While I was typing this the next song kicked in and I was waiting to hear Ry Cooder vocals singing Joesphine.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Sounds kinda like a Zydeco/Blues band
That was kind of my thought when I saw the pic. Accordion and washboard...what's a zydeco band doing in MI?!? I think it'd be a heckin good time! You might need to learn a Tab Benoit lick or two before you go though just to get things a little swampy.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Z for Zydeco. Accordion, washboard and trumpet, what's not to like?

The Ry Cooder video was pretty cool.

As an aside, when I first saw local country band Ray Clark and the Country Travellers, they had an accordion which I thought was weird. Later came to realize that is a common element in some Tex-Mex music.

(Later I played bass in that band, but the accordion player was gone. We had a fiddle.)

Yeah if I was in 50 miles I would go. that's my daily one-way commute.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Hey Tommy, I hope you get to host an event after all this crap is over. I'll be there. Grand Rapids was my stomping ground for a couple years as a contract engineer. Is Billies still around?

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Hey Tommy, I hope you get to host an event after all this crap is over. I'll be there. Grand Rapids was my stomping ground for a couple years as a contract engineer. Is Billies still around?
Yes, Billy's is still around. They are having live music. The Old Dog is coming back slowly, as they are having indoor music now. The music scene is a shadow of what it used to be when I organized my jam. This will be over when we decide it's over, but I won't comment further on that. I would organize another jam at some point if conditions on the ground make it workable.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Well, meanwhile I can watch The Voice. Coach Blake Shelton is doing pretty well.

Don't know if your Gov is worse than Minnesota's. Seems like a pretty close race.