CRGU Solo#1

jmin

Student Of The Blues
I finally managed to stick with another course for more than two weeks! I've been wanting to try this Classic rock course for awhile and finally got the motivation. The garageband that I met a few years ago has re-assembled and asked me to join them again. They play primarily 60's "classic Rock" so I figure I better learn what the heck I'm supposed to be doing!

So far the course has been great! I really liked the "Power Chords" section and a lot of the rhythm stuff.
This first Solo is an extension of the minor pentatonic scale and gave me a great new way to look at it.
Ironically, Griff was just talking about this scale extension in his AAP session this week.
I've got lots of work to do on my "rock bends," but there are 7 more solos so I'm sure I'll get plenty of practice.

CRGU Solo#1 jmin

MarcV

Blues Junior
I finally managed to stick with another course for more than two weeks! I've been wanting to try this Classic rock course for awhile and finally got the motivation. The garageband that I met a few years ago has re-assembled and asked me to join them again. They play primarily 60's "classic Rock" so I figure I better learn what the heck I'm supposed to be doing!

So far the course has been great! I really liked the "Power Chords" section and a lot of the rhythm stuff.
This first Solo is an extension of the minor pentatonic scale and gave me a great new way to look at it.
Ironically, Griff was just talking about this scale extension in his AAP session this week.
I've got lots of work to do on my "rock bends," but there are 7 more solos so I'm sure I'll get plenty of practice.

CRGU Solo#1 jmin
Sounds good. :thumbup::thumbup:Just diving into CRGU and Classic Rock Speed builders myself. A lot of good stuff there!