Bose S1 Pro portable PA

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
I know a handful of us have these* portable PA speakers (@MikeS, @Terry B, others?). I like mine a lot except for one thing...

Since I've owned it (a couple of years, maybe) I found that the Li-ion battery discharges itself over a number of days when the speaker is not turned on and not plugged in. (No, it is not supposed to do that!) Online search indicates that this was happening with a lot of these units but not all of them. It appears you can now update the firmware and that will fix the problem, if you have it. (There have been a few other more minor tweaks also, so it is perhaps worth doing the update even if yours isn't having the battery drain problem.)

Here is a link with instructions for that: https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/updating-your-system-s1.html

-----
*Bose S1 Pro

Last edited:

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Thanks, Mine does that too. while I don't use the battery option, I'd still like the fix!

Reactions: dvs

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I just charged one of mine and did the up date! Time to charge and update the next one!

Reactions: dvs

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
I just charged one of mine and did the up date! Time to charge and update the next one!
Fingers are crossed! I just updated mine yesterday, so we're still waiting to make sure. Hope it works!

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Follow-up: Two weeks later, with no more charging and a few minutes of playing every few days, the battery self-test says it's holding a full charge. That would not have happened before, so I'm going to call this fixed. Whoopee!(y)