Virus Vaccine

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I am not taking any of these hastily produced and untested (long term) vaccines.
I am taking large doses of Vit D as a prophylactic.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I am not taking any of these hastily produced and untested (long term) vaccines.
I am taking large doses of Vit D as a prophylactic.

Before the Vaccine was available, my son contracted it (very mild case so no big deal), but the day before he found out, he was at our house for dinner. After he tested positive, I checked with my doctor and he told me to begin taking:
1000 mg Vitamin C twice a day,
Quercetin 500mg twice a day,
Vitamin D3 5000 units /125 mg once a day
Zinc 50 mg once a day.

Obviously correlation does not equal causation, but I never caught it & I tested negative several days later. So maybe the vitamins kept me healthy, maybe I just got lucky, but if you are not going to get vaccinated (which I think is unwise) taking the vitamins is probably a great idea.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
My wife and I were able to move our first jabs up three weeks thanks to some new appointments that just opened up yesterday. Since my workplace is gearing up to have folks return to full-time office presence soon, and I intend to resist that until vaccinated, things seem to be working out all right.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Mrs. Grateful got a notice that California doesn't have enough vaccine and now her appt. for her second dose is cancelled.
If it goes past the max days between doses, we're not gonna start over, we're gonna let the government have the whole kit and kaboodle. I love California, but the Gubment is the worst in the country.

arock

Help! I'm a rock
Got my 2nd Pfizer dose back on February 16. Wife is still waiting, but they haven't reached the phase she is in. I work in healthcare so was able to get mine quickly. From registration to vaccine the operation couldn't have been smoother. Winter weather played havoc with getting to the appointment both times, but once there I was in and out in under an hour, both times.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
I saw on YAHOO Monday. or Tuesday; that the field workers (crop pickers) had been prioritized for the vaccine they have been deemed "Essential Workers".

Field workers are only "essential", for those of us who do not grow our own crops, and depend upon grocery outlets to purchase the food we eat. We could just not give field workers the vaccine, with the concept in mind, there are plenty more of those field workers just waiting for a job! :(

I think that California has a few field workers, as we produce 50% of the nations produce.

Tom

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
The approach that California has taken towards the resolution of the virus, has changed many times. Just one example: One Monday morning at 8 AM, our governor stated that we were opening restaurants, bars, etc. At 12 PM (four hours later) that order was rescind. And so it goes. Yes, no, maybe so.

Blue Shield is now in charge of who gets vaccinated in California. That became effective on Thursday, but the effects were obvious a few days earlier. It took people months to get an appointment, only to find out at the last minute they would not receive the vaccine. If you have ever had to deal with Blue Shield, you may appreciate my feelings towards them, which are not good! Trying to establish an appointment for a vaccination is no easy task. But it so easy to loose the opportunity to receive the vaccine.

Our provider is Sutter Health. We drove to Santa Cruz for our shots. All other Bay Area branches of Sutter Health, from Santa Clara to San Francisco, canceled appointments on Tuesday, the day we received our shots. The only way to find out that your appointment was cancelled was to appear at your Sutter Health facility. I knew this was going to happen with Blue Shield taking over, and we are lucky that Santa Cruz had the vaccine. Many people were upset and rightfully so. But as usual I am sure that the CEO of Blue Shield will receive a very healthy bonus at Christmas time, for his outstanding service, as is the case with all deserving CEO's! :( .

Tom

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I just got my first shot yesterday at Six Flags Magic Mountain. I have to say that I was really impressed with how efficient they made the process. I tend to be a bit complainy when I see large-scale events organized with head-scratching inefficiencies, but for a very large venue they really did an outstanding job of getting a lot of people through the process with a minimum of problems. Since it was a drive-thru process, any waiting I had to do was in the comfort of my car while listening to the radio.

Otherwise, I have no side-effects to report, although when I find out who punched me in the arm while I wasn't looking, I plan on giving them a piece of my mind.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
That sucks and shouldn't be happening. I'd call whoever the provider is and raise holy hell. Alternatively, call the CA COVID-19 Hotline at 1-833-422-4255.

Mrs. Grateful called Sutter Health today and they told her they would call her when they had the dose for her. Gloria (Mrs. Grateful) told Sutter that the Sutter Health ''8 things to do before your second dose'' pamphlet said to call back every day until you get an appointment.
Sutter Health said ''Don't Do That! We're getting all the calls we can handle!''.:ROFLMAO:
Heard on the news today that Sutter Health was getting 30K doses for this week and 30K doses for next week. (her original 2nd dose appt. is the 9th)
I told her to call Sutter Health tomorrow to confirm her appt. We'll have to see how many times she'll have to call before getting scheduled.
I just love when you can use their own words against them. :D

PS. I was mistaken about the date of her original vaccination. She still has until March 16th to get her second dose before she has to start all over. Seems like plenty of time unless they hand over the scheduling to the California Department of Motor Vehicles or California Employment Development Department.

Norfolk Bill

norfolk uk, just knoodling along
just as a matter of interest is your policy actually done to a a specific plan? ie age ranges,,clinical need?,,im assuming also that you have to pay? or maybe on this its free at the point of use

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
just as a matter of interest is your policy actually done to a a specific plan? ie age ranges,,clinical need?,,im assuming also that you have to pay? or maybe on this its free at the point of use

Our state has specific age ranges for open enrollment, and then a list of qualifying factors to get jabbed outside of the age range. I'm 5 years too young to qualify under age but I (and also my wife) have underlying medical issues (comorbidities) that qualify us for this phase of the vaccination program. So far as I know it's free of charge, state funded, but worst case my insurance plan will definitely cover the cost if that becomes an issue.

Elio

Student Of The Blues

In California, it is either free or completely covered by insurance, so no one pays for it. The age range is currently 65+, or healthcare providers, first responders, and educators.

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
In the US, the federal gov't recommends prioritization and manages allocation of vaccines to the states, but each state has its own specific plan and eligibility criteria. The federal government is covering the cost so no individual is required to pay for their own vaccine.

Last edited: