Online Instuctor?

JefferyKruger

Blues Newbie
Can anyone recommend an online (skype, etc) type instructor that may be able to offer help and guideance with BBG?

I'm 57, took lessons in junion high and high school, then had a long period without playing. Wanting to get back into playing and have purchased most of Griff's great courses. I'm feeling like it would help to have some input and advice from an instructor from time to time.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I just noticed this question and the lack of answers to it. One suggestion is that if you subscribe to Griff's All Access Pass, you will be able to submit playing examples to his monthly online fixit sessions, where he will critique and provide feedback. A former graduate student of mine is now Vice President of Music Education for Guitar Center. His effort has been to hire qualified instructors throughout the chain. In the past year, he found himself having to completely change the business model and convert to online instruction, so they are now equipped to offer online lessons. If you are interested and can provide the area you are located in, I can ask him for a referral to a good instructor. Otherwise, I know a few really good instructors teaching blues harmonica online, but not really guitar, so those are my best suggestions.

...one more that I just thought of. ArtistWorks has a really good collection of music instructors. There, you have to subscribe to access to a video-based course, but you have access to the instructor and you can submit work for them to critique. I have been taking a latin percussion course there through a really-high profile percussionist, although the video submission option is not available for that particular course. http://www.artistworks.com