Which Fender tube amp?

Terry B

Humble student of the blues
I am very pleased to report that finally Fender has staffed their production facility and I have received notification that my Joe Bonamassa '59 Fender Twin Amp preorder is just about ready!! I should be invoiced for the balance this week and then it will be shipped in a mater of days!! I'm excited!! :Beer:

This is another factor in all this. With Fender having been shut down for so long, any models that aren't currently in stock can be looking at a long delay.

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
I am very pleased to report that finally Fender has staffed their production facility and I have received notification that my Joe Bonamassa '59 Fender Twin Amp preorder is just about ready!! I should be invoiced for the balance this week and then it will be shipped in a mater of days!! I'm excited!! :Beer:

Hey!....it's nice to hear some good news! Congrats Paul.

gpower

Blues Junior
Deluxe Reverb is that Fender tone everyone chases... Maybe the most used studio amp in history, for a reason. Currently have an SS22 with a Celestion Greenback and it oozes DR...

Terry B

Small diversion.

Yesterday I was in the L&M trying out a Deluxe Reverb and a Hot Rod Deluxe and having a hard time deciding given all the variables, when the salesman asked if I'd considered a Vox as they had a nice used AC-30C2 that had just come in at a surprisingly good price. Since this was on my list for later on I had to try it, and after playing it I knew it was coming home with me.

So for a few hundred less than the HRD and less than half the DRRI, I have a late model AC-30 that looks like new and sounds great.

So for now my new amp need is satisfied, giving me time to look for a good Fender down the road.

Thanks to all on this thread for the advice, suggestions and personal experience shared. You guys are great. (y)

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
That's hilarious! Got everybody wrastlin' Fender this , Fender that, and then you go buy the first Vox that turns your head? In the immortal words of George Thorogood, "..Everybody funny, now you funny too!"

Enjoy your Vox man! Seriously.

I got a Vox amp too? 50W tube amp, or I guess it's a hybrid, tube and SS.

IMG_4554 by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

Terry B

That's hilarious! Got everybody wrastlin' Fender this , Fender that, and then you go buy the first Vox that turns your head? In the immortal words of George Thorogood, "..Everybody funny, now you funny too!"

Enjoy your Vox man! Seriously.

I got a Vox amp too? 50W tube amp, or I guess it's a hybrid, tube and SS.

IMG_4554 by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

Like I said, still gonna look for a Fender, a good deal on another just presented itself and I couldn't resist. Your Vox looks nice too. :thumbup:

sloslunas

NM Blues
Like I said, still gonna look for a Fender, a good deal on another just presented itself and I couldn't resist. Your Vox looks nice too. :thumbup:
The correct answer to this question is to buy one of each (as long as they are not SS, and have plenty of tubes to melt the snow up there). Just sayin'...

Steve

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
That's cheating :eek:
Seriously........I believe that amp has reverb and tremolo, I'm a fan of both on my amps.
Looks like a winner, enjoy!
:)

Bernie Fitz

Blues Junior
Small diversion.

Yesterday I was in the L&M trying out a Deluxe Reverb and a Hot Rod Deluxe and having a hard time deciding given all the variables, when the salesman asked if I'd considered a Vox as they had a nice used AC-30C2 that had just come in at a surprisingly good price. Since this was on my list for later on I had to try it, and after playing it I knew it was coming home with me.

So for a few hundred less than the HRD and less than half the DRRI, I have a late model AC-30 that looks like new and sounds great.

So for now my new amp need is satisfied, giving me time to look for a good Fender down the road.

Thanks to all on this thread for the advice, suggestions and personal experience shared. You guys are great. (y)
Wow, deja vu all over again, Just over a year ago I was also looking for a Fender amp, a Blues Deluxe or 68 Custom Deluxe Reverb. Went to the local shop where they had the 68 Custom, a Blues Jr but no Blues Deluxe. They did have an HRD IV special edition with a blonde cover and Cannabis Rex speaker. Now I had been told I would not like the Hot Rod Deluxe but gave it a shot. I liked the 68, after playing that didn't care for the Blues Jr, and since it was sitting there I tried the HRD. To my surprise I had to spend some time going back and forth between the HRD and 68. The sales guy said hey why don't you try this VOX AC30? Now I'm running back and forth among three amps and while I'm doing this they are going around the store changing the price tags on everything as they are just starting a sale weekend. Anyway I'm rambling but for various reasons I walked out with a good deal on the HRD IV and still sometimes wonder what if...

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
You could have done worse than the HRD IV ... very nice amp.
But it's tubes!
:eek::whistle: Yes, I know ... I should go slam my lower unit in the toilet seat, but .. it's a tube amp! :eek::whistle:.

Last edited:

Terry B

So an update in case anyone is interested, I've been enjoying my AC-30 almost exclusively since I got it. Then about a month ago I go into the local store to see what they have and there sits what I think is the original HRD IV I was looking at, (surf green) now slightly used. I tell myself I don't need another amp, but a few days later I call back to check on it, only to find it sold again that very day. :sick:

Been thinking about it since then, checking their site, apparently it was a special edition from 2018 and there are two new ones left in the country. So Monday I made the call and picked it up yesterday.

Can't get them all in the same picture but the Marshall and the Nace sit on the other side of the room.

Very happy so far.

Attachments

• A4F704EF-70FE-4378-924C-345931E54C56.jpeg
    A4F704EF-70FE-4378-924C-345931E54C56.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 21