Josh Smith new Signature Ibanez Guitar

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
We, my wife and I, first saw Josh Smith (and met him) on the Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea Cruise. He is one awesome guitarist. On the cruise we bought his cd, Inception, and after the cruise toured around the Florida Keys for several days. The CD was on nonstop in the rental car! The title cut is a beautiful guitar instrumental.

As the title states Josh Smith has a new Signature Guitar, the FlatVI. Josh is probably fairly well know for his raving about his Chapin T-bird. In his article in February, 2019, Guitar Techniques he states, "The second I picked it up it was like, 'I was waiting for this my whole life'". I have to assume the new Ibanez is modeled after it.

I'm not a T style guy so Josh's new sig axe is not on my radar. But if you are, it may be on yours? Josh talks about it here:

Back to the cruise! At the artist get together I told Josh, "I have an odd request. Would you autograph your Guitar Techniques article?". He agreed but probably thought that guy's pretty weird. (And he's probably correcto_O)

joshSmithLessonGTSmall.jpg

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I need another Tele like I need another hole in my head, but I would love to check this one out. I can't find any release date or pricing info on it. Having said that, I didn't watch the entire video.

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
Josh is a great guitarist, and one hell of a guy. Chatted with me about his pedal board, that had just been upgraded with a Gig Rig, I think? Anyway... An Ibanez Tele is intriguing.

matonanjin

Josh is a great guitarist, and one hell of a guy...
Josh is "one hell of a guy". I can't remember the conversation exactly. But I started the conversation about signing the magazine with something like "this is going to seem weird". And he answered with, "I've been asked to sign a lot more weird things than this!":LOL:

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
I have been a big fan of Ibanez for many years. I have both a Strat ('82 Roadstar II) and an LP ('81 AR100 Double Cutaway) that I cherish. Since that time Ibanez has really raised the bar on shredding and hollow and semi hollow electric guitars. Great stuff but not my piece of cake. I saw this Tele yesterday. I like everything about it.
I don't need another Tele, but if I did....damn, then there is that Cabronita Fender Slimline Tele I fell in love with about a week ago, and...:confused:

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 6

matonanjin

Just announced. Josh Smith has a new course on Truefire:

Josh Smith: My Guitar Heroes.

”'BB King, Albert King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimi Hendrix, Danny Gatton, Cornell Dupree and Steve Cropper have all greatly influenced my own sound as I'm sure they've influenced many other players. In this course, I'll show you a few key techniques and approaches that I picked up from each one of them. These 7 men changed my life. I hope I can pay it forward in a little way by turning someone new onto them'

In this course, Josh will first introduce his heroes to you and describe why he found them so influential. After each discussion, Josh will then present a performance study illustrating those influences in a musical context, over a backing track. A breakdown follows every performance and Josh will explain and demonstrate all of the key concepts and approaches in play"

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
I have an Ibanez ART100 and it is a great guitar.View attachment 13562
I remember when the ARTs came out to very good reviews. They were/are very LP like. I've never had one to try but if it's anything like my AR (looks aside, they are very different guitars) it is a killer guitar. My AR100 is very heavy, heavier than any of my Gibson or Epi or ESP LPs by pounds.

AR100..014.jpg