Recommended Chair?

GeeDub

Mojo Seeker
I used a standard wooden stool with a cushion pad. However, it was getting to be a problem bending down to adjust pedals due to my disabilities, and was getting uncomfortable after about 20 minutes or so. I decided on a drum throne that was sturdy enough to hold my 270 lbs. Man, those things get expensive. I found the Donner Adjustable Drum Throne with padded motorcycle style seat could support my weight and was about 1/2 the price of others for large drummers. It is very comfortable and I like the fact that it is height adjustable and legs collapse for easy storage.

View attachment 13442

Anyone know how to reduce the size of an image in this forums bbcode? I've tried every suggestion I could find from searching, to no avail.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I used a standard wooden stool with a cushion pad. However, it was getting to be a problem bending down to adjust pedals due to my disabilities, and was getting uncomfortable after about 20 minutes or so. I decided on a drum throne that was sturdy enough to hold my 270 lbs. Man, those things get expensive. I found the Donner Adjustable Drum Throne with padded motorcycle style seat could support my weight and was about 1/2 the price of others for large drummers. It is very comfortable and I like the fact that it is height adjustable and legs collapse for easy storage.

Here is an image:
61lhgmYnaAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Anyone know how to reduce the size of an image in this forums bbcode? I've tried every suggestion I could find from searching, to no avail.
Save it to desktop, open in Paint, resize, resave, upload to here again.
61lhgmYnaAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Well I can open your image in a new tab and reduce it. Or you can reduce the size in MS Paint or similar. I find that cell phone videos reduced to 20% are quite usable on this site.

GeeDub

Mojo Seeker
Odd, I don't have an edit option on my post above. I was going to attempt to upload a resized image. Perhaps the edit option is removed when a post has been quoted?

Thanks, Rancid! I have always used the link option for an image instead of uploading a file option. Having a Homer Simpson moment... Doh!!!!.

Here is a resized version:

Donner_Drum_Throne.jpg

Admin, can you delete the outrageously large image in post #41 and/or replace with this one?

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Tongue removed from cheek, this is what I was bringing to open mic nights until the pub owner got better bar chairs. It's surprisingly comfortable, with my only complaint being the thin diameter of the bar for resting one's feet on. I found it uncomfortable until I got a weight machine pad and wrapped it in that. I like the convenience of the built-in guitar stand, too. This one's by Stagg.

stagg_gist300_stool.jpg

Full disclosure: longest set I've used it for was about 45 minutes.

MinorT

Got My Mojo Working???
I know I’m late to the party but have been down this road several times and found the good old metal folding chair does it all. For me anyhow, it is the perfect sitting position with a foot stool under my right foot.