Pedals/Effects Cyber Monday purchases?

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Anyone buying anything good on Cyber Monday?

I decided to grab a couple of pedals from Andertons over in the UK - I haven't seen them sold new over here. I've seen vids of and been curious about the Tone City Durple and Lil Heat pedals. So I ordered them. Both OD pedals. The Durple pedal is supposed to be a Mandragora that Danish Pete tweaked to his liking, and the Lil Heat is supposed to be a Sweet Cream that Greg Koch tweaked. I'm not sure if either of the original pedals are a copy or clone of something else or not, but the vids all seem to sound pretty nice. I guess I'll see what they really sound like once they get here from across the pond.

And, while I was initially looking for those pedals, I saw a Tone City King of Blues on Amazon. It's supposed to be a copy of the Analogman King of Tone pedal. This one was completely an impulse buy. I've always heard good things about the King of Tone pedals, and that they're their own unique OD sound. I've never actually heard one or looked them up, but thought I'd take a chance on this clone of it since the original seems to run $500+ on the used market. I should have it end of the week.

Can't wait for them to come in so I can play around with them. New toys are always fun. Anybody else getting anything cool today?

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
I believe the Sweet Cream is a copy of the Mad Professor Sweet Honey.I have a Sweet Cream and for the price it is a good pedal.
The Pedal Show boys did a show on KOT alternatives including the King of Blues https://youtu.be/0VqCKYlEENI?t=1243 I think the verdict was close considering the price but not quite there. I would be interested in your opinion once you have had a ply.

Oh and to answer the question no. I haven't found any price drops on stuff I am interested in and only got a Black Country Customs TI-Boost last week so the gas fund is out.

cheers

Al.

aleclee

Tribe of One
Nothing too exciting. I got half a dozen sets of NYXL's and some goodies to power my Quad Cortex when it's eventually released.