Feel No Rain (an original)

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
REAL good--loved that conga drum track. Now for a question----how in the world do you keep coming up with your arrangements? That is something I just can't do-but sure wish I could.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
REAL good--loved that conga drum track. Now for a question----how in the world do you keep coming up with your arrangements? That is something I just can't do-but sure wish I could.
Thanks for listening Dave,
Don't sell yourself short, I've hear many of your songs and they all have good arrangements.

For me, it usually starts in one of three ways:
- I want to convey a story or an idea and then, I decide what emotion fits the story.
Scribble out a few lyrics and pick up the guitar to find a rhythm pattern and build from there.
-I've got a riff in my head and look for chord progression to support it.
-I get inspiration from something I've heard and try to build a song in that general direction.

Often, I'm frustrated that I'm not a better musician because, my ideas are larger than my ability to play or sing them.

Elwood

Blues
Very nice Moto! Hypnotic groove. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Your voice (in this anyway) is getting more of that Neil Young type of appeal, natural sounding delivery, right on!!! :Beer::thumbup::Beer:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Very nice Moto! Hypnotic groove. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Your voice (in this anyway) is getting more of that Neil Young type of appeal, natural sounding delivery, right on!!! :Beer::thumbup::Beer:
Thanks Elwood,
Never did like my voice, If it sounds like somebody recognizable..........Yippy for me.
Waiting for your next song.....:whistle:

BigMike

Blues Oldie
OMG! Cap'n, that is an excellent song, well performed, great tracking and your sound engineering skills are on the next level these days. Great vibe to your songs, its like your signature now and I love it.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
OMG! Cap'n, that is an excellent song, well performed, great tracking and your sound engineering skills are on the next level these days. Great vibe to your songs, its like your signature now and I love it.
Thanks Mike,
Good or bad, I seems I am developing a style.
Glad a few people like some of my stuff.

I'm sure that new guitar will be inspiring some new songs soon (y)

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Have to agree with all that has been said. Like Mike, I think your mixing skills have come on 'Leaps & Bounds' in your recent creations. There's something very comfortable in the grooves of your songs, that make me want to pickup my guitar and play along. Very nice Moto.(y)(y)