Slow Blues A minor 6/8 - Complete

MarcV

Blues Junior
It's been a slow week down here so I figured I would throw one down to get the weekend started. This is a nice slow one in 6/8 time. Used my Tele thinline for the first 1:49.

Slow Blues 6-8 Aminor-TZ
Hey TZ sounds great!
Would be possible to share chord progression? I am hearing (I-IV-I-?) 2 beats each repeated about 4 times and then it does something else as interlude/turnaround that I can't follow. Understand concept of 6/8 but trying to wrap my head around it :Beer::Beer::Beer:

MarcV

Blues Junior
Marc,

Here is the website that I got the track from. It lists the chord progression. I suppose I should figure these things out BEFORE I record my take:whistle:.

No worries, but glad I asked. That is not a simple progression and I never would have figured it out. I think tho that even tho progression is really complicated, Am probably worked for most, if not all of it, so that is why you sounded great even without knowing all the chord changes. :ROFLMAO:Thanks.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Hey TZ. Sumpin' weird's goin' on.That doesn't sound like the same track. o_O

I got something like this:

Am F Dm E7 x4
C Ddim F dim G#dim Bdim Am
Dm C Bm E Am
G G# Am x3
E7

The video has:

Am Em Dm Dm
Am Em F Dm E together x 2

F G C B Bm7b5
Bb E Am E
Am Dm Am E x2

Last edited:

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Hey TZ. That doesn't sound like the same track. o_O

Am F Dm E x4
C Ddim F dim Abdim Bdim Am
Dm C Bm E Am
G Abm Am x3
E7

The video has:

Am Em Dm Dm

F G C B Bm7b5
Bb E Am E
Am Dm Am E x2

I’ll take a look shortly. I had downloaded these tracks to my computer quite awhile ago. I went by the name of the track, which seemed to be the same one but honestly didn’t compare it to the track I posted. If I can find the correct one I will repost a link.

Try this one...

Last edited:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
That's the one! :)

He named the m7b5 chords from the lowest note.

I named them from the top.

Samo samo.

Almost. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
I do like this track TZ:thumbup:, not too sure what to do with it (that's me, not the track) but it sure is fun trying!!! (y)Thanks for posting it!!!

Nice job everyone! :Beer: TZ plays that thinline and mine just starts twitching, so it is.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/f2m141eeuxg8lq7/slow 6-8 blues amin- tz-rt-po-mv-ew-.mp3?dl=0

6:26 - 8:13 -but- I may have ended at a strange spot in the progression. Feel free to alter my end time (by recording right over) if your creative urge takes you that way, no problem!

Last edited:

Ted_Zeppelin

Call me an optimist, but the way I look at this one is with all of those different chords you have a good chance of hitting a lot of good notes:Beer:. I suppose you could argue that you equally have the same chance of hitting a lot of bad notes but I don’t like to think that way.

Elwood

Blues
@Ted_Zeppelin , your getting harsh man :LOL:!

What's that ?????

"I ........have a good chance of hitting a lot of good notes:Beer:.". "I suppose you .......... have the same chance of hitting a lot of bad notes" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (purposely edited mis-quote for greater effect :cautious:)

Seriously, that is a nice sounding track, something different, and gives you a chance to do some deep thinking or get out the audio white cane. VJR? I think trying to play those odds you mention is just right!!! Also, you post it up with great timing!!!

Ted_Zeppelin

Hey TZ. Sumpin' weird's goin' on.That doesn't sound like the same track. o_O

Am F Dm E7 x4
Dm C Bm E Am
G G# Am x3
E7

The video has:

Am Em Dm Dm

F G C B Bm7b5
Bb E Am E
Am Dm Am E x2

What Paleo hears:
Am F Dm E7 x4
Dm C Bm E Am
G G# Am x3
E7

What I hear:
Axf@3 go?
gh* D2@g mp% sav$
Yk# teS&
Lk% H2@

Elwood

Blues
larson_what_dogs_hear.jpg

See, it works!!!! I got that Amin, dum dum dum dum, thing just like Ginger. Long as you're happy, I guess. :Beer:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Call me an opportunist, but I always figured my odds of hitting a lot of good notes would increase if I soloed in the key the song was in. o_O