Amps Best tube amp I've ever owned!

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Yeah like this:

Solid-state - a manufacturing process that has been specifically designed to make a guitar amplifier sound bad.
Compared to tubes, these devices can have a very long lifespan, which guarantees that your amplifier will retain it's thin, lifeless, and buzzy sound for a very long time.
:ROFLMAO::LOL::rolleyes:
Geez. If that is true then my SS Quilter isn't SS at all ... it must have tubes in it because thin, lifeless and buzzy it definitely is not. Must have stealth tubes in it? :D

MinorT

Got My Mojo Working???
Let me see: Allow me to say this about tube amps. As an electronics engineer, and having been involved with electronics for many years (I have even built many tube amplifiers!) , I would like to say:

1. Tubes require replacement, and cost money. The quality of tubes today is questionable.

2. They require additional electricity to operate when compared to solid state devices. (ie. filament)

3. They produce HEAT! This may lead to global warming. Whoops! My post will now be deleted! I have said something political! Heaven forbid! Whoops! Another reason to delete my post! A reference to religion.

When you find that amplifier that you like, please enjoy it, regardless of what may be inside.
Be like a parent: It does not matter what your kid does. You will always love him, her or it. So learn to love your amplifier. It will make you happy. ;)

Tom
Nailed it Tom, its all about what your ear likes, doesn’t matter what you think you are supposed to play through, if it sounds good just do it.