SRV Style In E

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
I have tried two nights in a row to come up with something for this one and am flat out drawing blanks! I get little snippets that sound ok but then it just goes off the rails. Kudos CB for being the sole survivor on this one so far. Maybe I can clear my mind this week-end and come up with something...anything!

Caboburt

No Bad Days
Hey Ted...you are soooo good. I was out of town and couldn’t participate on the last one, but you were great! I’ve got total faith in you and whichever ax you want to stimulate out souls with. I wasn’t sure when I first listened to the track, but once I got plugged in, it all worked. It will for you too. Your new guitar is a beauty, and your first outing a real winner(y) Also, is that a Marshall DSL 40 in the pic? I love mine.

Ted_Zeppelin

Hey Ted...you are soooo good. I was out of town and couldn’t participate on the last one, but you were great! I’ve got total faith in you and whichever ax you want to stimulate out souls with. I wasn’t sure when I first listened to the track, but once I got plugged in, it all worked. It will for you too. Your new guitar is a beauty, and your first outing a real winner(y) Also, is that a Marshall DSL 40 in the pic? I love mine.
Thank you but you are too kind:Beer:. I try my best but have a long way to go. Yes, that is my Marshall DSL 40. Great amp but I don’t get around to playing it as much as I should. Got my looper and drum pedal hooked up to the Helix and that seems to be my go to amp. The tele’s have also got me reacquainted with the Nace, which is another nice amp.

Caboburt

No Bad Days
Thank you but you are too kind:Beer:. I try my best but have a long way to go. Yes, that is my Marshall DSL 40. Great amp but I don’t get around to playing it as much as I should. Got my looper and drum pedal hooked up to the Helix and that seems to be my go to amp. The tele’s have also got me reacquainted with the Nace, which is another nice amp.
I don’t know the Helix or Nace...and space dictates I probably never will:unsure:. On your Marshall, do you have the foot pedal with 6 position switch? If not it is great and they have them at sweetwater. Let’s you access ALL of the goodies(y)

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Nice work, gentlemen. Outstanding, @jmin!
Thanks Papa! This was a cool SRV track, and the opening by @Caboburt was superb! And all the subsequent players were very inspirational! Good one guys!
I'm in the middle of the HTSLBB course, but couldn't resist SRV. I was wondering if Griff has a "How to Play Like SRV course?" I know he's done lot's of different "SRV" pieces (rhythms, intros, etc.). Oh well, ...back to B.B.

Ted_Zeppelin

You guys have all knocked it out of the park on this one. Great stuff. I’m still in the on deck circle trying to make something decent happen. Not there just yet.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Very nice guys!
Jmin, amazing choices and you nailed the timing, which is something I couldn't quite get.