Strap Locks, good deal

JN99

Hang Fire
I was using the Schaller locks on my guitars but they tend to work the strap pin screws loose and also the fit on straps is often pretty tight and they can be hard to assemble because of that.

Stumbled across these somewhere and bought a pack - they seem to work pretty well, same idea as the washers: http://straptight.com/

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Another one that uses the bottle washers. I got a pack of 100 of them off Amazon for like $10 a few years ago. Now Mrs Snarf complains about finding them all over the house in the vicinity of guitar picks. I have no idea what she's talking about. :whistle:

John-G

The Long and Winding Road
Just bought a pair of Dunlop straplocks. Waited for the shops to re-open after lockdown.
Now I have a good excuse to go buy a new strap for my other guitar :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

sloslunas

NM Blues
A few years ago Chuck recommended Loxx low profile strap locks. I now have them on a few of the guitars, and just ordered another set to go on the Longboard. I do like these!. YMMV

Steve

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I use only Dunlops. I have them on every guitar I own. I only have a few straps. One for my "regular" guitars and one for my "335" types with the button on the back of the guitar. When I get a new guitar I just buy a new pair of buttons.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I've tried a few, but I agree with the others that I like Dunlops the best.
That said I haven't tried the Loxx, but at this point since most of my guitars & straps have Dunlop locks and the others have none at all, I'm probably done experimenting.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I've tried a few, but I agree with the others that I like Dunlops the best.
I have Dunlops on nearly everything. Most anything that doesn't has its own dedicated strap. I like them because they are pretty close to regular strap buttons and if you had to use a strap without matching hardware, you could get away with it.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I've settled in on a hybrid system.
I use Dunlops or Shallers on the base of the guitar and a Grolch washers up at the horn.
I was annoyed by the vibrations up close to my ears.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I was using the Schaller locks on my guitars but they tend to work the strap pin screws loose and also the fit on straps is often pretty tight and they can be hard to assemble because of that.

Stumbled across these somewhere and bought a pack - they seem to work pretty well, same idea as the washers: http://straptight.com/
Tried the Strap tight and didn't bond with them, anyone state side wants them send me an address

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
I'm another Dunlop user...on all my guitars and no issues...like the fact that I can use a "regular" strap anytime...except on LP's...they are an accident waiting to happen...later.

cowboy

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Yep, I would actually swing over the Grand Canyon suspended by a single Dunlop strap lock. You would pull the screws out of the body before they let go.

I know there are some on here who wish I would and wish for me to do a Wile E. Coyote plunge to the bottom. :ROFLMAO::LOL::confused:

Last edited:

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Yep, I would actually swing over the Grand Canyon suspended by a single Dunlop strap lock. You would pull the screws out of the body before they let go.

I know there are some on here who wish I would and wish for me to do a Wile E. Coyote plunge to the bottom. :ROFLMAO::LOL::confused:

It's not a wish so much as a dream....;)

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I made a switch to the D'addarios locking straps. so far they have worked great, lock on secure, and easy switch to another guitar

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Wait until one of your guitars decides to go crashing to the floor. :whistle:

Man, I remember when that almost happened to me! I was playing my Fender Jazz Bass guitar, while standing, and suddenly the strap let go at the bridge end of the guitar. I am 6' 7" so the guitar had a ways to fall, and my left hand grabbed the neck, just before the guitar hit the deck. :eek: Not a good feeling! :cry:

Tom

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
The resurrection of this thread reminds me of the day that Brian Wampler busted his Strat showing Travis that he could swing it around. And Travis was merciless with his laughing, and the ensuing conversation.

*Brian busts his Strat*
Travis: The problem was that you didn't commit.
Brian: I was afraid I was going to tear it up.