Most useful sites for learning solo tabs and "Band in a Box" programs

WayneHesser

Blues Newbie
Hi folks ! 1st time posting ... 4 1/2 yrs into guitar journey at 60+ y/o and loving it !! 2 questions please :

What is the best website/program for learning tabs to specific songs that I like, ie., ultimate guitar, tux guitar, etc. ?

Is there a program that will allow me to play the my substituted guitar parts of downloaded songs (or programmed backing tracks) ? I had heard of Band in a Box a few years ago but haven't done any research lately.

Thanks -- Ivan

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
First question: Most of the sites are awful, but I guess you've already looked at Ultimate Guitar.
Second question: You can find loads of backing tracks that will work in songs that you can solo over right here in Griff's courses (Even a few that will work in a song start to finish (look at Ultimate Blues Jams and Ultimate Blues Jams 2).
Beyond that, I get most of my song tracks from Karaokeversion.com (I use them in my solo show). They are customizable real band tracks for tons of popular songs. They are not expensive ($3 each), so just about anyone can afford them.

ervjohns

Blues Junior
Guitar instructor.com has lots of content for learning songs, tabs, lessons, all officially licensed. You can buy tabs individually or they have a annual all access program.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
I think that page that Elio posted about Spark gave decent tab did it not? I know it's saved me some time on a couple of songs rather than figuring it out by ear.

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Don’t forget to check out YouTube. There are some decent lessons on there also. Might even stumble on a Griff Hamlin lesson. :whistle::rolleyes: