Pedals/Effects Kingsley Pedals

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
So after a long 13 month wait my Kingsley Jester Custom arrived Friday. It is basically a Jeter with some mods that turn it into as a pre-amp as well. Running it into the front end of my Kemper and then out to a Fryette PS2.

So why would you run tubes on both ends of a digital device? It gives you the sound and feel of a tube amp with the ability to mimic all the amps I can't afford, nor want to lug around. Using neutral equipment allows the nuances of the amp profile to come through without coloration So think the ability to play a copy of Roben Ford's ODS, John Mayer's Steel Stringer, or a 59 Tweed just by stepping on a button.

A lot of guys just run a board of Simon's pedals into a power amp. Simon is a great guitarist as well as master amp builder, but be warned they are addictive, they are fairly expensive, and it is a long wait, Because of the wait, they sell for more used, than new.

Here's Simon running through a number of his pedals.

GeeDub

Mojo Seeker
Sweet. I have come close to getting on the waiting list with Simon, but just can't handle the 12+ month wait. The other problem is not being sure which pedal I would order between the Page or Jester w/ preamp mod like yours. Maybe I'll change my mind if I hang around this thread long enough?

Looking forward to hearing more about your new Jester after a little more time has lapsed. Enjoy!

dwparker

Bluesologist
Yeah, I've been waiting about 3 years for a King of Tone from Analogman. I bought a Pantheon to tide me over until my number comes up. I don't understand why these companies don't just expand production.

Wildwood

Playin' Blues
gotta love the rabbit hole...I've almost given up on pedals, guitars and amps...the biggest thing holding me back is me...all that being said enjoy the pedal...later.
cowboy

I have three amps (a Fender Blues Junior, a Roland Cube 30 and a Boss Mini Katana) and several guitars. I have played around with several different pedals and never really bonded with any of them. Now I am back to playing one of my guitars through one of my amps...and I like it that way :cool:

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
Yeah, I've been waiting about 3 years for a King of Tone from Analogman. I bought a Pantheon to tide me over until my number comes up. I don't understand why these companies don't just expand production.
When did you send your e-mail? Mine is dated Fri, 10 Nov 2017. I think I am looking at 4 month more. Mind the way the £ - $ has gone it is looking a lot more expensive than it was then:(

cheers

Al.

dwparker

Bluesologist
When did you send your e-mail? Mine is dated Fri, 10 Nov 2017. I think I am looking at 4 month more. Mind the way the £ - $ has gone it is looking a lot more expensive than it was then:(

cheers

Al.
Yeah, I placed my order sometime in November 2017 also. When my number comes up, I just might take a pass as my Pantheon is really good and was desingned to be an alternative to the KoT. Maybe I'll just get another Pantheon and run two on my board, one as a transparent boost/low gain and use the other for medium gain.

dwparker

Bluesologist
I have three amps (a Fender Blues Junior, a Roland Cube 30 and a Boss Mini Katana) and several guitars. I have played around with several different pedals and never really bonded with any of them. Now I am back to playing one of my guitars through one of my amps...and I like it that way :cool:
Nothing wrong with that. Most of the time I just play my Nashville tele into my blues cube hot, sans pedals. Especially when practicing I think one should ditch the pedals except for a spot of reverb so the tone isn't too dry.

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
I've just had a look at the Pantheon. Two of them would be more than the KOT. I was looking at the Ceriatone Horsebreaker, which would save me about £70. But after waiting 3 years I will probably go for it. They tend to go for about £500 on ebay over here so I shouldn't loose out.

cheers

Al.

dwparker

Bluesologist
I've just had a look at the Pantheon. Two of them would be more than the KOT. I was looking at the Ceriatone Horsebreaker, which would save me about £70. But after waiting 3 years I will probably go for it. They tend to go for about £500 on ebay over here so I shouldn't loose out.

cheers

Al.
I tend to buy my pedals while visiting family in the USA, which usually saves me about 25-30% of what I pay in Sweden, but most folks in Europe don't have that luxury, so I am fortunate in that respect.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I am just not all that impressed. Do they sound nice? Yes. $400.00 and a year wait nice? NO. They are also BIG pedals which totally negates use on a compact pedal board. Yes that is just my opinion and if I tape a quarter to it maybe it would get me a piece of bubble gum, but it is my opinion.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Sweet. I have come close to getting on the waiting list with Simon, but just can't handle the 12+ month wait. The other problem is not being sure which pedal I would order between the Page or Jester w/ preamp mod like yours. Maybe I'll change my mind if I hang around this thread long enough?

Looking forward to hearing more about your new Jester after a little more time has lapsed. Enjoy!
I was the same way with the long wait thing, and maybe I shouldn't tell you this, but you don't have to pick your pedal now. You just tell him how many pedals, or amps you want. You give him a CC# to hold your order, he will not charge you, and hold a spot open for you. Simon is a true gentleman and spent about 15 minutes with me discussing what I was looking for.

When your number comes up you can choose, change what you originally ordered (if you did pick already) or cancel.

As for the Jester Custom, there are a of of options on it, so when I get more time I can make more sense of the settings, and maybe post sound sound clips. All I can say is it is the best tone I have ever produced, and maybe it is just me, but the better the tone, the more inspired I play. Maybe not any better, but definitely more inspired :)

I have a Kemper profile of the Bastion 40 but I wish he would profile the Tone Baron.

Last edited:

dwparker

Bluesologist
I am just not all that impressed. Do they sound nice? Yes. $400.00 and a year wait nice? NO. They are also BIG pedals which totally negates use on a compact pedal board. Yes that is just my opinion and if I tape a quarter to it maybe it would get me a piece of bubble gum, but it is my opinion.
I hear yah. For my KoT, the wait is neither here nor there for me, as time is going to pass whether I am on a waiting list of not. The money is another story. When my name comes up I'll decide then if the pedal is worth it or not.