How not to sell gear

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I am planning on the headrush in a few weeks, or the line 6 pod go...............

if this was the first video on I saw on the Headrush, from these two chowder heads, I would already be giving my money to line 6, seriously, this must be one of the worst advertisements I have ever seen

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Well Mark,
It is called "HEADRUSH"

Headrush may refer to: Vertigo (medical), a medical symptom of a balance disorder. Orthostatic hypotension, a sudden drop in blood pressure and coordination when a person stands up too quickly.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I know right............at elast know your product instead of reading from a paper, then set up a decent tone, this was like two stoners behind a 7-11.

i ma having a hard time deciding if the $500 is worth it over the line 6, they both have some advanteages over each other

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
You might also want to consider the new BOSS GT-1000CORE. It's just come out, but it's getting some good early press. Or, the full size version Boss GT-1000 it's based on.

https://www.boss.info/us/products/gt-1000core/
I refuse to buy anything BOSS, their customer service to musicians was, ummmmmmmm, how do you spell abysmal ?

The arrogance I dealt with from them, and just the crappy attitude, never again. Its why I stay with Behringer / Buggera, Voodoo, D'addario, line 6 (beyond awesome) , Acoustica Mixcraft, ZZounds and a few others.

I would rather spend a little more, or maybe not get the full quality to be treated right and have a company appreciate my business

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Sorry, I forgot about your past dealings with them.
I am just one of those weirdos that when a company does me right, I am very vocal and loyal to them.....................but when they treat me bad, I never forget

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
You make it sound like that's a bad thing?:thumbup: Fool me once etc...….

Hey, we spend a ton of money, even the casual player can be in the price of a halfway decent used car in gear...............we deserve to be treated properly. Line 6 gets it, three repairs on their entry level wireless guitar, on the third one they said screw it and sent me the upgraded one. D'addario, design flaw in their strap, destroyed my favorite guitar when it hit the floor, they replaced it immediately with a newer upgrade.

Those kind of things, I can say I told everyone about it, they understand its a relatively small community and we talk

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I have had very good experience with Peavy when requesting schematics and manuals. Never had an issue with their equipment.that required customer service.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Was that a parody?
the guy demonstrates "tracking" by playing a single note repeatedly. And a "lead" patch by playing rhythm. "All kinds of creepy stuff" is just what I'm looking for - NOT.
it was on sweetwaters website on the description of the unit

aleclee

Tribe of One
Headrush marketing has been a fluster cluck since they announced the product. Throw in InMusic's apparent lack of commitment to the ongoing enhancements that L6 offers and it's a hard sell.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Headrush marketing has been a fluster cluck since they announced the product. Throw in InMusic's apparent lack of commitment to the ongoing enhancements that L6 offers and it's a hard sell.
this I didnt know, whats going on there ?

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Was that a parody?
the guy demonstrates "tracking" by playing a single note repeatedly. And a "lead" patch by playing rhythm. "All kinds of creepy stuff" is just what I'm looking for - NOT.
That was my thought. When I watched it initially, I thought it was some "influencer" that I hadn't heard of before since they appeared to be "testing" a product with which they weren't familiar (reading off the sheet), the tested tones seemed to be aimed at a specific genre of player, and the commentary was questionable at best (the comments about the creepy tones). Then I realized it was on the official Headrush youtube.

I really hope that it was tongue in cheek. Problem is, with stuff like this, you either get Sharknado or Sharknado 2. The first Sharknado didn't take itself seriously and was fun to watch. It was so bad it was good. Sharknado 2 tried to replicate the first one, took itself too seriously, and was painful to watch. It was just a bad movie. This little review was Sharknado 2. Or, for those that didn't see the Sharknado movies, I think this review tried to be Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (laughed all the way through it) and turned out to be Attack of the Killer Donuts (more eye-rolling than laughing through that movie).

Disclaimer: Your opinion on the cinematic masterpieces mentioned may vary. Admittedly, much to my wife's annoyance, I enjoy watching bad movies.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
That was my thought. When I watched it initially, I thought it was some "influencer" that I hadn't heard of before since they appeared to be "testing" a product with which they weren't familiar (reading off the sheet), the tested tones seemed to be aimed at a specific genre of player, and the commentary was questionable at best (the comments about the creepy tones). Then I realized it was on the official Headrush youtube.

I really hope that it was tongue in cheek. Problem is, with stuff like this, you either get Sharknado or Sharknado 2. The first Sharknado didn't take itself seriously and was fun to watch. It was so bad it was good. Sharknado 2 tried to replicate the first one, took itself too seriously, and was painful to watch. It was just a bad movie. This little review was Sharknado 2. Or, for those that didn't see the Sharknado movies, I think this review tried to be Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (laughed all the way through it) and turned out to be Attack of the Killer Donuts (more eye-rolling than laughing through that movie).

Disclaimer: Your opinion on the cinematic masterpieces mentioned may vary. Admittedly, much to my wife's annoyance, I enjoy watching bad movies.
Also with the written word, it's sometimes hard to tell (unless tagged with /sarc) whether a post/comment was intended as satire or just stupid.

aleclee

Tribe of One
this I didnt know, whats going on there ?
Updates? Folks might be disappointed in the rate of Helix updates but InMusic has literally released only a handful of updates since release with very little in terms of added amps/FX. From the beginning, it was pretty apparent that they'd recompiled the 11R code, added a touchscreen, and thought that they could get away with selling a $1000 processor without investing in updates.

As for marketing, they launched the product right before NAMM and did their darnedest to keep anyone from actually seeing the thing.