We lost a great one in Eddie Van Halen RIP

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
I lost track of what he did past 35 years ago but he certainly had a recognizable sound and scary fast brilliant technique.

Hmmm maybe Griff will do an EVH song ( are there any that intermediates can tackle? ) for a course?

Grritz

Still seventeen... between the ears
This is a kick in the gut for me.

I agree with Zzzen Dog: "Eddie and the band were major contributors to the soundtrack of my life!"

I will miss him...but his music will always stay with me.

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
His music is a little too hard rock for me. but undeniably a brilliant guitarist. My wife and I were in the car and she was reading a news bulletin on her iPad about his death. I didn't realize that he is a classically trained pianist. Interesting guy.

RIP EVH

Tayport

Blues Newbie
His music is a little too hard rock for me. but undeniably a brilliant guitarist. My wife and I were in the car and she was reading a news bulletin on her iPad about his death. I didn't realize that he is a classically trained pianist. Interesting guy.

RIP EVH

He told a story of his family bringing along a piano that they played on the ship while on their way to a new life in this country. Today is a sad day for music.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
EVH came along when I was around 30 and raising a young family. I wasn't sure if I wanted them exposed to MTV.

My personal "aha" moment was "Are You Experienced" as a teenager.

Have since come to appreciate EVH artistry.

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Yeah, this was a bit of a shocker.
EVH was often referred to as "The Mozart of Rock" and I agree. Much of what he created definitely had roots in classical music that he was able to translate into a very complex yet very accessible and even fun style of Rock.

He was one of a kind.

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
What a great video, thanks for posting. I love Rick Beato's videos. In addition to some great analysis of great songs he comes up with some really creative ideas, like this one.
Yes, I like Rick Beato's videos as well. And he just posted this one. It is just a discussion of EVH's influence on Rick. "I thought the rumors were false."