Neural Quad Cortex

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Two months to release and they are calling the capture results game over? With such a high bar to meet considering their plugins. Interesting.

Last edited:

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Well, the guys in the vid love it!
What the "f" is it?.....I cannot keep up with this technology.

I THINK it's like a Kemper. It captures the flavor of an amp, then lets you just take the smaller device & leave the amp home.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
In addition to running pre-defined amp models such as Fractal or Helix, it is similar to Kemper which allows actual sampling of an amplifier as opposed to digital models, and incorporates some additional features. I wasn't so impressed by the demo of profiling as I could hear some artifacts and some upper end fizz which may be corrected with programming, possibly high cuts.

It has a touch screen and some pretty cool features, including the ability to transfer Neural DSP plugins, small footprint, and twisty lockable foot switches as well as a desktop controller.

The pre-sale was @ $1599 which puts it right around the Helix or the Kemper stage. It is due for release sometime in November.

One of my concerns was that big glass display so close to foot switches, one beer too many could lead to a podiatric disaster.

Nice to see someone upping the ante in digital it will likely cause development responses from the big 3 Fractal, Kemper, Line 6.

https://neuraldsp.com/products/quad-cortex

Last edited:

dan5150

Shredding the Blues
I am on the initial pre-order list, I own a couple of thier plug ins and I was able plug into and play through an early version of the HW at NAMM.
I am mostly looking for it to make my live rig a little smaller and lighter.
I currently use a Helix which sounds great, but is also a little heavy.
I wouldn't worry about the beer spill thing. Jim and I have both had some sprayed on our Helix and they still work just fine. Nothing a Clorox wipe won't handle.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
I am on the initial pre-order list, I own a couple of thier plug ins and I was able plug into and play through an early version of the HW at NAMM.
I am mostly looking for it to make my live rig a little smaller and lighter.
I currently use a Helix which sounds great, but is also a little heavy.
I wouldn't worry about the beer spill thing. Jim and I have both had some sprayed on our Helix and they still work just fine. Nothing a Clorox wipe won't handle.
I wasn't so much concerned about the beer spill, every floor unit has to deal with that. I was more concerned with the size of the display on the floor with the small footprint, one beer too many or a mistep, and your foot might slide off the switch and on the glass.

Last edited:

aleclee

Tribe of One
I'm also on the preorder list because @dan5150 is a bad influence. [That's my story and I'm sticking with it!]
I wasn't so much concerned about the beer spill, every floor unit has to deal with that. I was more concerned with the size of the display on the floor with the small footprint, one beer too many or a mistep, and your foot might slide off the switch and on the glass.
It's Gorilla Glass so should be reasonably tough unless something hard gets dropped on it. Not that I wouldn't throw a screen protector on it but with the layout and switch position you'd have to try to actually get your foot on the screen when standing in the expected position.

Just measured the screen on my Helix and it's a bit over 6" so it's not like the 4C screen is that much larger than the HX one. Perceived size might differ because the 4C's screen is a much larger proportion of the top of the device.