Zoomstock (or Son of Kalamazoom)

Are you interested in Zoomstock (aka Kalamazoom Part 2)

• Nope. Been there done that. Wasn't terribly impressed.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, not interested.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
OK, let's float a couple of dates. Based on input so far, the weekend is clearly the best choice, with Saturday being my personal choice. A start time of around 3PM U.S. Eastern time (GMT -4:00) might be a bit early for Sunday morning Australia, but hopefully, we'll still be online when they can comfortably wake up. That also gives us some decent time with our UK brothers before their bedtime.

I'm looking at either September 26 (27 for Australia) or October 3. This should give every attendee the opportunity to work up something for sharing with the rest of the gang. The acoustic performances were a bit hit during Kalamazoom, but Mr. Burlew's classic rock bits were also really good. I'm leaning more towards October 3, in order to give everyone a chance to work on something for the group.

Of course, there is also the option to just sit around and drink during the session. While this is an option, it will certainly cause you to be subjected to some form of derision about doing a live performance.
Are previous sessions recorded somewhere?

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Even a pointer to the raw recording would be cool. I'd like top hear what my guitar & vocals sounded like using just the ONE mic.
Hopefully, I'll get to it. The only problem is each day is one long file and they run between 4 and 5 gigabytes each. I don't think YT will let me upload something that large.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Hopefully, I'll get to it. The only problem is each day is one long file and they run between 4 and 5 gigabytes each. I don't think YT will let me upload something that large.
Maybe use Dropbox?

Or split them into shorter segments- I know, more work for you.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Looks like October 3 is the day. That gives anyone interested two weeks to prepare something (if you want to play during the session). We will start around 3PM Eastern Daylight time (GMT -0400) and go until ??.
For anyone interested who did not attend, I strongly recommend getting your audio and video up and running ahead of time. It's no fun for attendees to sit around waiting while someone works on configuring. From what we learned from the first few sessions, if you have a basic setup (laptop with built-in mic and camera) you will generally not have an issue getting set up. I will probably do a couple of setup sessions the week of Sept 28 - October 2 to help anyone who is having issues or wants to test their setup prior to the get-together. Those will be posted in the Lounge at the time the sessions go live.

Status
Not open for further replies.