Your top 5 song writers...

• anyone

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • anyone

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
It would probably be a whole lot easier for me to come up with the 5- I don't like.
John Prine
Bob Seager
Willie Dixon
Chuck Berry
Bob Dylan

but still got to reserve a spot for The Beatles and the Stones. I got to say Beatles because George Harrison wrote 2 or 3 of my favorite songs.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Who are you guys??? I see no love for the two greatest groups ever. 1910 Fruitgum Co. and the Archies...

Steve
I don't believe anyone in either group (assuming you can actually find out who was really in those groups) has a writing credit. There were some very talented session musicians who made those recordings, but I doubt any of them had more than a day's work recording the tracks.

Seulb - 1910 Fruitgum Company

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
I just looked up the definition of "a song", and it told me it has to have words, meant to be sung. So that snuffs my #1 Miles Davis.

2. Lennon/McCartney
3. Page/Plant
4. The Brothers Gibb
5. Brian Wilson
6. Gilmour/Waters(Mason,Wright)

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
I just looked up the definition of "a song", and it told me it has to have words, meant to be sung. So that snuffs my #1 Miles Davis.

2. Lennon/McCartney
3. Page/Plant
4. The Brothers Gibb
5. Brian Wilson
6. Gilmour/Waters(Mason,Wright)

I just realised that they're all British except Miles and Brian. (yeah, I'm an Aussie and I know a lot of my country-persons are going to claim the Gibbs, but we all know they grew up here but were initially and ultimately English).