Zoomstock (or Son of Kalamazoom)

Are you interested in Zoomstock (aka Kalamazoom Part 2)

• Nope. Been there done that. Wasn't terribly impressed.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, not interested.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Hi all, I'm trying to gauge interest in doing another online get together using Zoom teleconferencing. We did two days of Kalamazoom in August and had 19 attendees on the Thursday session and 22 on the Friday session. Do you want to do it again? This poll is limited to only one question, but if you're interested, which day of the week would be your preference? If you have a preference, please respond in the thread. Also, if you attended and loved it or hated it, please feel free to offer your opinion.

The Zoom format does limit us to not having live jamming, but we had no shortage of people performing as solo acts.

Thanks in advance!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
2 "Which day" issues..
1) I already have a regular call every Friday (not a big issue. I can always pop in and out of Zoomstock as I did last time)
2) it shouldn't conflict with an AAP session.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Well, I did pop into one, and would love a once every month or two opportunity to do the same. I'm still de-bugging my camera, Mic/recorder and software/interface/computator conglomeration. This could take a while. It would be foolish to wait for me.
I currently have the ability to open a beer, pour a shot and watch what mischief ensues. so there's that. :sneaky:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I'm in----need a reason to start practicing again. Any day works for me---I closed my business down- no sense pushing my luck, at 76 .

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
I am doing my best to get my equipment up and running. The Logitech 930e that my daughter bought me for my birthday in May just arrived! :):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Slowly, I am getting it set up and operational. The last session was a blast. Lots of fun watching you guys. Doing this on a regular basis to me, is a fine idea. :cool::Beer:

A note about the Logitech 930e: I had to download a driver, and used google to find a site. Well, the fine print said that I had to pay $9.99 a month, to use their 930e driver! What? So I finally found the Logitech site, and the driver is free. Finding out how to use this machine - recording etc., is a real pain. But it can be used to record video and sound, which I have done. The camera is about 3 1/2" wide and has two microphones built in. I thought it was much larger?

Something I noticed from my recording yesterday: I have not had a haircut in many months and my hair is too long! :eek: :(

Does anyone have a favorite recording software for web cameras? I am using the Windows 10 software, and it is a real pain to use. o_O

By the way, weekends might be best for the majority, and I will go along with that.

Tom

Last edited:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Sunday afternoon (US) would be good since Americans are abandoning "woke" pro sports, late evening for UK/Europe and early for Oz.

Just wondering, do we have any members in between, Turkey, Middle East, India, Pakistan?

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Just checked Australia has 3 time zones. So kind of like coordinating Eastern, Central and Mountain time in US. New Zealand is 2 hours earlier than the earliest Aus time zone. And then there's the date line....

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Something I noticed from my recording yesterday: I have not had a haircut in many months and my hair is too long! :eek: :(
Somehow, I find that difficult to believe. I'm going on 4 years since my last haircut and I"m still pissed that I got talked into it back then!

It will be good to have you aboard as a full and participating member.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
OK, let's float a couple of dates. Based on input so far, the weekend is clearly the best choice, with Saturday being my personal choice. A start time of around 3PM U.S. Eastern time (GMT -4:00) might be a bit early for Sunday morning Australia, but hopefully, we'll still be online when they can comfortably wake up. That also gives us some decent time with our UK brothers before their bedtime.

I'm looking at either September 26 (27 for Australia) or October 3. This should give every attendee the opportunity to work up something for sharing with the rest of the gang. The acoustic performances were a bit hit during Kalamazoom, but Mr. Burlew's classic rock bits were also really good. I'm leaning more towards October 3, in order to give everyone a chance to work on something for the group.

Of course, there is also the option to just sit around and drink during the session. While this is an option, it will certainly cause you to be subjected to some form of derision about doing a live performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.