Switchlock

Elio

Student Of The Blues
That switch is the bane of my existence on a strat. Any time I do any sort faster strumming, I inevitably bump it into the bridge position without noticing. Replacing it with a stiffer switch helped, but this seems like a simple and non-invasive solution. Thanks for posting!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
That switch is the bane of my existence on a strat. Any time I do any sort faster strumming, I inevitably bump it into the bridge position without noticing. Replacing it with a stiffer switch helped, but this seems like a simple and non-invasive solution. Thanks for posting!
You mean you use that switch in any other position than bridge only? Geesh, live and learn...
cheesy.gif

Elio

Student Of The Blues
If this thing works as advertised I think my Strat could use one. Not so much a problem with an Ibanez or Tele but constantly moving that Strat switch.

https://www.theswitchlock.com/

This thread has aged a bit, but as it turned out I am working on a song that requires both a strat and really fast strumming. The result is that my tone is literally all over the place as I keep banging the switch around and returning it to various positions. I remembered this thread and just ordered one of these bad boys. I'll report back on its effectiveness.

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Off the top of my head I would think that if it's used a lot, that screw would need to be kept tight - especially if you want to keep it in neutral
But otherwise it seems like a pretty good idea.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
I installed my one on my strat or a year ago. It takes a little getting used to to lock and unlock it but other than that it keeps me out of trouble so I've kept it on there. And for the cost I think it was just a few bucks, I have plenty of other expensive equipment sitting on myself I don't use.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
My SwitchLock arrived and it turned out to be a really good $9 investment. It is not particularly visible, and it totally keeps the switch in whichever of the 5 positions I choose despite my wildly out-of-control strumming.
SwitchLock.jpg