Another 6 string down

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Just lost our guitar buddy, Steve "Drumtrucker / BigRigSteve" Burke, to the virus.
I spoke to him in the hospital on Monday, he said he was on the mend, and now he's gone.

Steve was a long haul trucker and would drop in on jams along the road. We played a few Dallas area jams & actually meet at a Blues Guitar Unleashed jam that I hosted here in Texas.

Glad that he, Marv & I were able to get together recently.

Please be careful out there my friend. I don't want to lose any more friends.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
:cry::cry::cry:

I confess I was among those starting to get a little blasé about the pandemic and the need for caution. Wake-up call has arrived. As Mike said: please be careful, brothers and sisters.

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Sad news indeed.
I met him at Glen's Falls and l liked him right away. He was a good man.

This virus is no joke and certainly no "hoax".

Stay safe, stay well.
We'll get through this eventually.

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
This is terrible news. Nothing worse than losing a playmate. I'm just about as far away as it's possible to get, down here on the biggest island, but I've got in-laws in Texas (are they outlaws?) and I'm well aware of the dire danger that we are all in.
Everybody, stay safe, and like JPsuff says, this virus is definitely not fake news.
:(:(:(

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
Very sad indeed... In all honestly I have been staying away from the computer lately just to avoid all this depressing news... This indeed is very depressing... Thoughts and prayers go out to his family/friends.. Stay safe guys... Hopefully better days are coming...

Mike A

BLUES NOODLER
very sad I met Steve Burke at Lake arrowhead BGU live 2018. he was my roommate for a moment till my wife decided to come along. when I met Steve it seem like that we had been friends forever instant bond.I had so much fun with him along with everybody else at the BGU live. but Steve and I continued our friendship well after He would always call me and tell me where his next blues guitar gig was not only was he a talented Guitar he was great singer great drummer. we always said we'd hook up and play guitar again on his travels through it never worked out but we did stay on the phone a lot. I haven't talk to him for a few months was wondering what he been up to I was thinking about that the other day. i just called my wife at work with the heartbreaking news. Sad day he will be missed shalom my friend☹️

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Very sad days. I was lucky enough to meet Steve at the 2017 BGU "Roadtrip" in Allen, Texas. He had an energetic vibe about him that was apparent the moment you met him. He'll be missed.

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Very sad days. I was lucky enough to meet Steve at the 2017 BGU "Roadtrip" in Allen, Texas. He had an energetic vibe about him that was apparent the moment you met him. He'll be missed.
Yeah, he was fun to jam with. At that Texas jam he and Jeff, "WindInTrees", and I jammed in the hotel hallway for 9 hours straight. His love for music was catching.

Eric

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Damn that hurts! Steve stopped a few times to come jam in my basement. He parked his truck at the Walmart down the road, because they let long haul truckers stay on-premises and we'd jam and eat and drink till late.
He was a joy to be around and it was my privilege to know him and make music with him.
RIP Steve and everyone stay safe!

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
I never met Steve but I'm sorry to hear this news. I'm wondering, does anyone know if he had underlying medical issues?

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Not to my knowledge, or at least not much more than most of us that could use more exercise and a better diet...
A friend of mine son's who is 22 almost didn't make it either but pulled through after 2 weeks in assisted respiration and that youngun was healthy, so while it seems that health and no aggravating conditions do help a lot, I don't think anyone can take this thing lightly
Stay safe!

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I will miss Steve. We played together on numerous occasions at BGU events, notably at the first Glen falls event, where we played a "concert" with me on bass and him on drums. When he did a song on guitar and vocals, I went to drums and Papa played bass.

I don't know anything about his personal life or any underlying conditions. He did allude to past drug use but seemed to be clean when I knew him.

I hope someone is taking his dog, that traveled with him and came to BGU events

artyman

Fareham UK
That is sad news, being in the UK I only knew him through the forum, still hits you though. We have seen a large rise in new infections here in the UK and more restrictions are now in place. As Mark said we have become complacent and need to wake up this thing ain't done with us yet.