Head and Cab or Combo Amp??

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
The Cannabis Rex is 50 watts @ 8 ohms. The Texas Heat is 150 watts @ 8 ohms. Haven't had any issue with not being loud enough. Most of the places we play (once things fire up again) are fairly small bars, and the larger places have their own sound systems so everything is miked. I just really dig the sound from that combination of speakers. ymmv.
Huh, maybe my two @ 100 watts are fine? At least one is anyway.......... Thanks! :Beer:

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I will take a couple of 100 watt heads and a couple of 4 x 12 cabs and I'm good to go (only got on head and one cab now but I can dream)

Peace
Here is the back wall of my music room and my obsolete tube amps. Yeah, well, go ahead and whip me, but to me all tube amps are obsolete. :whistle:

That Legacy head and 4X12 never go anywhere because I don't have a fork lift.
The 100W Lee Jackson combo on the right doesn't go anywhere either ... it weighs a good 100 lbs.

IMG_0638.JPG

sloslunas

NM Blues
Here is the back wall of my music room and my obsolete tube amps. Yeah, well, go ahead and whip me, but to me all tube amps are obsolete. :whistle:

That Legacy head and 4X12 never go anywhere because I don't have a fork lift.
The 100W Lee Jackson combo on the right doesn't go anywhere either ... it weighs a good 100 lbs.

View attachment 12609
Tube amps are obsolete???? Not sure what you are smoking out there Jim, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. Just sayin'...

Steve

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Tube amps are obsolete???? Not sure what you are smoking out there Jim, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. Just sayin'...
Steve
I'm smokin' Quilter MicroPro. :):)
I haven't even turned any of my tube amps on since getting my Mustang III years ago, and haven't turned the Mustang on since getting my Quilter.
That MicroPro HD 12" combo on top only weighs 23lbs and it's 100W of whup-*ss. (y)
It sounds just as good on 1 as it does on 10.
For me, tube amps are history (obsolete).
I know you love your tube amps, so you have my permission to whip me all your want, but I'll keep right on smokin' my Quilter. :):)
IMG_0870.JPG

Can your Nace do this?

Last edited:

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
I have a couple of combos.....Bill M.-heavily modified Fender Blues Jr (Cannabis Rex) and a Mack Gem (4W with a Rajin' Cajun)) along with a Yamaha THR10C. I also have a Quilter Mini 101, that I play mostly through headphones but do rarely play it through the Blues Jr speaker. Am looking to get a cab for the Mini-101 and also have a Ganz Straight Ahead Mini Power Amp (300W at 8 ohms).

I like my combos but really like the idea of the Quilter or SAMPA through a cab. Serious consideration to getting a Boss Katana MKII 100 Head to use with the same cab I get for the Quilter and SAMPA.