the Widow, A@148

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
What are you playing Mike? You got a nice Chuck Berry (goosed up a bit) tone going there!:cool: Rock and roll!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

There is lots of meat on the bone, no worry. :Beer: If this gets used up that much I'll see if I can learn how to put it back, all we lost is a few turns around the block and a fade out. :)

I'm playing a cheap Firefly 335 through my Eleven Rack
White Boost Set to 7 oclock-Minimal OD
Amp-Lead 800 Presence at 1 Master at 6 preamp at 1
GEQ 100 Hz -12, 370 Hz 0, 800Hz +18, 2KHz +12, 2.25 Khz +6
Eleven Stereo Reverb Medium Room Decay 8, Pre-Delay 42 Mz, Tone 10, Mix 1.5

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
My apologies. I'm not even sure how it happened. I went back into the session (yes, I even save the VJR sessions) and I can't find any reason for it to have been truncated, but it clearly was during my session. I fixed it and was ready to upload when I saw that Marv already fixed it. Thanks, @Marv!

Elwood

Blues
That is so cool @PapaRaptor ! :Beer: That track eating monster even got you. :p

I'm not happy you had a goof, I just finally see that I was (am) way too impatient with my own screw ups. That feels pretty cool! :) (I know, I know, ya'll said so...)

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
My apologies. I'm not even sure how it happened. I went back into the session (yes, I even save the VJR sessions) and I can't find any reason for it to have been truncated, but it clearly was during my session. I fixed it and was ready to upload when I saw that Marv already fixed it. Thanks, @Marv!

Glad to see that I'm not the only one that can screw the pooch without even knowing that I did.

Elwood

Blues
Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
That's pretty dog gone hot jmin! (y) I especially like that stuff you do right after 8:30 there! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Great you jumped in!!! You always bring your own sound, and I enjoy hearing you!!! :Beer: (My guesser has a pretty spotty record lately...strat?)

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Thanks for the kind words Elwood! I really liked this track. The bass and drums sound really good with a real nice clarity.
As for your "guesser," spot on! It's my 2017 Fender (MIM) Strat. This was my "heavily-BGU-influenced" purchase (one of many), but I always wanted to try a Stratocaster. And I wanted a traveling guitar and case - for a BGU Live event! I'm still not used to a third pick-up and the tones kind of throw me. On this track I was experimenting in GarageBand and really not settled on a tone. And I didn't realize the mp3 version sounded even worse...sorry. At least it still sounded close enough to a Strat for a good guess!

Elwood

Blues
That's funny, (y)
heavily-BGU-influenced" purchase (one of many)
I'm right there with ya! My Mira is a prime example, I needed the light weight, but the humbucker thing...BGU influence (TZ! and others!) yeah, me too! :D
Like Papa points out, not hit records here, and all I noticed was what I liked.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Oh yeah, I'm with you on the third pickup deal too, I feel like I'm maxed out with 2 pups, 2 knobs, and 1 switch.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the comment on the bass and drums too @jmin! :notworthy:I am enjoying EZ drummer 2 a whole lot.:thumbup: My bass has lots of bottom so I try to be careful when recording it. Playing it is no problem, even if it isn't heard it is felt!;)

Last edited: