Attn: PRS fans, help wanted

Tayport

Blues Newbie
That pick guard looks amazingly like the one I made from scratch for my Carvin SC90. When I converted it to a single volume/tone control instead of the dual-controls setup, I had to figure out how to hide the holes the removal of the two knobs left, so I fabricated this pick guard. I wanted something that looked "retro" and this is what I came up with. THEY STOLE MY DESIGN! :eek::eek:.
View attachment 12472

Wow, that looks so good. Very well done indeed.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Wow, that looks so good. Very well done indeed.
Thank you so much! It was a royal pain in the asterisk! NOTHING will cut that stuff cleanly but a router. I tried every kind of saw and Dremel attachment I could find. I was finally reduced to making a jig from 3/4" thick pine cut to the exact outline of the pick guard to serve as a router template. Then sanding its edges to be smooth as a baby's butt for a clean router cut. Then had to order two router bits, one to make the original cut and another to put a 45-degree bevel on it. I didn't have a shop, so it was all done on my kitchen table. When I was done my entire kitchen and living room was covered in router and sanding dust. NEVER AGAIN!

Elwood

Blues
Thanks @matonanjin !

I was tempted by the Santana with the TCIs for the same price but I thought I would stay focused on my initial concerns, they both are simple but the Mira is lighter (a bit anyway). You guys were all very helpful. Especially with all the approval there is for the PRS guitars here. You gave me the confidence to take advantage of what looks like a good deal. I'll be using it for sure!
Take care!!!

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Elwood
Congratulations. It is really cool looking. I hope it is everything you hoped it would be. I'll be looking forward to updates!

Elwood

Blues
A nice ending.

upload_2020-9-1_13-31-47.png

Another "used" guitar from Dave's. My third "used" one from them, all purchased sight unseen, all had poly protectors in place for me to remove, with no fret wear and fresh strings and setup. This weighs 5.6lbs on my scale. Lifting it is like getting in the time machine. I forgot how they used to feel, this is that light!

Just trying to run my first set of exercises on it. So far not a bad spot on the neck. A different world of tones and volumes to explore. This is probably better than the melody maker that has been in the back of my mind, way better!

Thanks again to all of you for sharing your PRS / SE pride!!! I'll be making some noise "down in the basement" later for sure! Off to play!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Elwood

Blues
Get a load of this...when I was talking with my sales guy that day, I tried to tweak him. No flex on price, shipping is free, have to pay tax...I said after 3 guitars I should at least get a free shirt. He laughed and agreed and asked me for size and color.

My guitar came today, no shirt. I was tempted to call or write but the guitar is so sweet I figured WTH.

Fed Ex just now dropped of my bleeping shirt! Really! Yes, If I was not before I AM a huge fan of Dave's Guitars!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::Beer::Beer::D:Beer::Beer::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

upload_2020-9-1_17-50-3.png

brent

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
Get a load of this...when I was talking with my sales guy that day, I tried to tweak him. No flex on price, shipping is free, have to pay tax...I said after 3 guitars I should at least get a free shirt. He laughed and agreed and asked me for size and color.

My guitar came today, no shirt. I was tempted to call or write but the guitar is so sweet I figured WTH.

Fed Ex just now dropped of my bleeping shirt! Really! Yes, If I was not before I AM a huge fan of Dave's Guitars!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::Beer::Beer::D:Beer::Beer::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

View attachment 12512

Dave's is a very cool shop. I live in La Crosse. If you are ever in the area, stop into Dave's in person. It's really something to see.

Slofinger

Blues Junior
Well, the enabling worked here. Been thinking about a PRS for awhile, and I just sold one of my builds so decided I would look more seriously. I saw a new SE Custom 24 on eBay for $550 or offer. So I offered $490 and it was accepted! Now I’m worried. Is that too cheap, something wrong with it? Course, I’m probably just feeling guilty because I really don’t need another guitar. But I sure did want one.

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
Good deal, not unreasonably so, if they had reasonably comprehensive pics without significant issues evident, I think you're probably okay.

I'm beginning to jones for another one... either a hollowbody piezo or a soapbar (P90) model of some sort.

Enjoy yours!!!!

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Must...

Resist...

Must. Not. Cave...

(Oh crap...this isn't going to be easy...)

Must...

Resist...

Slofinger

Blues Junior
I can’t seem to grab a photo to show here, but the first picture of it is with a Sweetwater product card hanging on the neck. The seller claims to have bought it with Sweetwater financing with the intent of selling it for quick cash. The pics all look good, so I guess I’ll find out.
Funny, it’s like PRS’s have been super magnetized lately with some serious pull.