If I could only keep two guitars

GuitarGeorge

Blues Newbie
The 2019 SG special I have both the blue and the red. I put the mini humbuckers in the blue. So the stock red with p90's is currently one of my favorite guitars to play.

https://www.gibson.com/Guitar/USAFN1750/SG-Special/Faded-Pelham-Blue

The othere I would keep is the Fender american original 60s sparkle lake placid.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...ican-original-60s-telecaster-lake-placid-blue

Both guitars are iconic and both are light weight in the 7lb to 7-1/2 lb range. Very comfortble necks. Look great sound great feel great.

I have a lot of others but these are the two I would keep if I could only keep two.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Not counting acoustics on this one. Just going with electrics. I've always considered myself a Strat kind of guy, but neither one is a Strat. On the left is the Epi 339 that I've been playing waaaay more than anything else for the last year. It's one of the few guitars that I have that is bone stock. On the right is my 1962 50th Anniversary Sheraton that always surprises me how well it plays and how good it sounds. It's got those mini-bucks in it that are just super smooth sounding. It's also bone stock, but that edition came with Gibson mini-bucks and CTS pots and switches, so it's not the at all your standard Sheraton. It's also the most ornate, and dare I say prettiest guitar that I have.

20200824_2.jpg

brent

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
like the Carvin Strat! Cool

Thank you. I like it, too. tt's the second one I've owned. The first one was transparent emerald green and had a Floyd Rose trem. I really did love that guitar, except, I didn't bond with the Floyd Rose. So, I sold it and funded the one you see above.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
It would really be hard for my to just pick my top two. Just leaving it at electric guitars both of my top two guitars are Les Pauls......... And so I wouldn't have a Fender in the mix at all........ gotta have a Fender.........

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
I did it. Over a period of about 5 years I sold a nylon-string classical, two twelve-strings, two arch-top semi acoustics, a Yamaha LP-style, an Ibanez strat-style. And that left me with the Maton flat-top that I've had for nearly 50 years, and the Epiphone Dot that I gave myself as a retirement present about 5 years ago. So that's my two.
Then my little brother came along and re-gifted me a 12-string dreadnought that I bought in 1969 and that I had given to him about 30 years ago. So now I've got three - COULDN'T STICK TO JUST 2 :oops:

Slofinger

Blues Junior
My ‘59 Les Paul I built. My Flying V I built. Two that I have that I don’t really play and will never get rid of are my first guitar that I made from an ash tree I cut down in my backyard. A cross between a Les Paul and Strat. And an L5 archtop guitar I built that may be my greatest single accomplishment.

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
1. My PRS "Paul's Guitar"
2. My Epi LP Custom
I could almost go with only one guitar: My PRS "Paul's Guitar"! With the coil tapping it gets real close to all tones I need. But since I'm keeping only two the other would be my PRS Hollowbody 1.

Granted, I don't have exactly have the Strat "spank" but I would give up the Strat in order to have my two favorites.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
1. Gibson Flying V
2. Gibson 335
2. Gibson SG
2. Homebuilt Explorer
2. American Standard Strat
2. MIM Strat (w/Seymour Duncan lipsticks)
2. Telecaster w/Bigsby
2. MIM Jazz Bass
2. MIA Jazz Bass
2. Westone Bass

I never was much good at math.
that is really chiseling your collection down Lloyd!

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
1) Gibson 2017 LP HP Tribute has 57 classic plus pickups along with ( mod from LP Standard ) 4 push pulls including phase shift

2) PRS SE Santana singlecut

3) PRS SE Pauls Guitar

4) Gibson 2018 SG Standard HP