Kodály Method

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
Is anyone familiar with Kodály? I had never heard of it but got an ad from Musical U about it. Apparently an old system of teaching music based on Hungarian folk songs.

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
There's plenty of info on the internet about it. It appears to be mostly for children, so it might not be a good fit for us old farts. :whistle::rolleyes:

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
My friend and flamenco guitar teacher dating back to 1962, was Mariano Cordoba. Mariano was from Guadalajara, Spain. As he would say, “Where do you think Mexico got that name”! He was the guitarist for Antonio and the Spanish Ballet. When he arrived in San Francisco, he decided to stay there.

In 1995 I was visiting Mariano, who had just finished giving one of his students a lesson. Mariano was 70 at the time. The student was looking at the three walls of the studio covered with pictures of famous flamenco dancers, and guitarists. The student then asked Mariano: “How does it feel to be the only person alive in all of these pictures”? Mariano replied: “It is better than the alternative”!

We miss you Marino! :)

Tom