Spark PositiveGrid Amp

Stinger22

Blues Junior
I probably missed this somewhere in this topic, but has anybody yet experimented with pedals into that nice clean Twin channel...or any other settings for that matter?
m
I haven't because part on my reason to purchase was to get rid of the pedal board in the living room where I have my Spark. I'm sure it would work like any other amp.

What has been asked for isbsome kind of Bluetooth pedal you could use like with any other modeling amp to turn on effects and switch patches. I made a suggestion on the PG forum, and also messaged support, to have them add say four smart buttons at the bottom of the app screen next to the three already there that the could assign functions so that if you were using the play along functions you could just tap a screen button to say turn on your OD or Mod or switch patches.

If you like that idea then message their support too. The PG forum is currently having a glitch.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
I probably missed this somewhere in this topic, but has anybody yet experimented with pedals into that nice clean Twin channel...or any other settings for that matter?

Not yet, but I've been trying to get away from pedals in general. It does come with a built in virtual pedal board with lots of options and I did mess around a little bit with a couple of them. Given this thing's primary role as a practice amp those might be all the pedals one would need; dunno.

spark virtual pedal board.jpg

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
The built-in tuner is very poorly documented but it only took a few seconds of futzing with it before I figured out what it was trying to tell me. Seems twitchy but if you can get a solid green it also seems accurate enough.

Tayport

Blues Newbie
Not yet, but I've been trying to get away from pedals in general. It does come with a built in virtual pedal board with lots of options and I did mess around a little bit with a couple of them. Given this thing's primary role as a practice amp those might be all the pedals one would need; dunno.

View attachment 12216

Mark, is there a PC desktop app besides using a tablet or phone? I like using the Fender Fuse interface on my PC. The Spark looks really interesting and flexible.

Stinger22

Blues Junior
Mark, is there a PC desktop app besides using a tablet or phone? I like using the Fender Fuse interface on my PC. The Spark looks really interesting and flexible.
No PC app just Apple and Android. Yea I can sit back from the amp and have the app up and control everything from there. This little thing can sound BIG so being a few feet from it add to it. Plus all the practice and accompniment stuff on are the app. Now you CAN run it without that app at all and have your four presets plus you can change between several onboard amps, which can be preset in the app.

Gunrunner

Blues and Bird Dogs
Well, shit, thanks to you enablers I ordered one yesterday; based on all the feedback regarding slow shipping times I figured it would make a nifty Christmas gift to myself, and by then all of you pickers will have all of the bugs worked out so I can hit the ground running... looking forward to watching this thread closely!

Slofinger

Blues Junior
Well, shit, thanks to you enablers I ordered one yesterday; based on all the feedback regarding slow shipping times I figured it would make a nifty Christmas gift to myself, and by then all of you pickers will have all of the bugs worked out so I can hit the ground running... looking forward to watching this thread closely!
I am very close to doing the same thing. Also, those PRS posts are getting to me.

Stinger22

Blues Junior

HA.................you're welcome!! I think you'll get it sooner than later now.

Stinger22

Blues Junior
I actually have mine set up so the backing tracks and jams play through my home theater system and guitar through the amp. Sitting in the middle of that really sounds like a live band situation. That being said just using the amp and having the tracks play through too sounds pretty darn good.

brent

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
I actually have mine set up so the backing tracks and jams play through my home theater system and guitar through the amp. Sitting in the middle of that really sounds like a live band situation. That being said just using the amp and having the tracks play through too sounds pretty darn good.

How do you do that, if I may ask? That sounds awesome.

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
Got this today;

Dear Spark Purchaser:

We’re happy to share that 19,795 Spark orders were shipped out this week! As promised, we have by now shipped most pre-orders.
If you’re still waiting, look out this week for an email confirmation of your shipment. We expect that the remainder of Last Chance Special orders should ship from our local warehouses by mid-August, as we have previously reported. As a reminder, we have implemented a newly-improved track order page so that you can view the status of your order.

Additionally, we’ve launched a new video series featuring guitarist Roy Ziv, who shares a range of Spark how-to tips and insights. This week’s video covers “How to Use Smart Jam & Play Along to Backing Tracks with Spark.” You can watch it here. Stay tuned for more informative videos from Roy in the coming weeks.

In addition we have added several new agents to our Customer Support team so that we can respond to inquiries more quickly.

Thanks so much for hanging in there over the past few months. We’re looking forward to completing all Spark deliveries. We will check in again next week and let you know the latest updates then.

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
So for you kids that have been waiting months and finally got em, was it worth the wait and aggravation?

When I ordered mine yesterday I had two thoughts; What the hell, it's only 224 bucks!! And two; I didn't care what the wait time was as long as I get it before the snow flies... My winter = guitar months... :)

Stinger22

Blues Junior
How do you do that, if I may ask? That sounds awesome.
I just take the headphone out on the tablet to an aux in on my home entertainment system which is a Samsung 7.1 with a dual 12ax7 tube preamp section. Turn down the music volume on the amp.