No Warts Allowed in Ebm - Complete

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
I know......., what a strange name for a track!!!:eek: Here's the story.

During Moto's recent onslaught, I managed to throw something together on a few of the tracks (without down-tuning);) whenever I could get a slot. However, his Ebm track really made me work hard, and highlighted my inadequacies when it came to playing in this key, so I decided to set myself a challenge of playing in Ebm until I was comfortable with it. Which I now am. (reasonably) (ish) (sorta)

ALSO..... Anytime I played on a track, I got into a bad habit of throwing it down 'warts and all', (as a good lot of us do:sneaky:) so I decided to do this Quist backing track in Ebm and only bouncing it when there were no fret buzz's, flat/sharp bends, duff notes, rogue strings, missed notes etc..... I took it to 1.27. Those 87 seconds are made up of 8 different takes, some of which took me (well) into double figures on takes before I was happy. So this is my absolute best shot at it, and I hope it will be followed with yours.:)

SO......The RULES are...., No Warts Allowed!!!!:sneaky: Only your very best playing and recording will suffice, so don't be squeezing one in before dinner!!!! Wait until after you've eaten and had your doze, get the wife to wipe the drool off your chin and settle down to give it your best effort. Hit the RECORD button and take your time. Think of each phrase as you play it, and if it ain't really what you were hoping for... bin it and do it again. (even if it takes a couple of hours like it took me) It's fun, honest.:D:D

I await perfection.:)

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/dxlrjttwq88jfor/No Warts Allowed.mp3?dl=0

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
You clearly put a whole lot more thought and effort into your 24 bars than I did to mine. Very nicely done, MM.

Before dinner he says...
Well, it's hot as hell outside and I just came in from barn chores to cool off before going back out to mow about 7 acres.
I'll see if I can exorcise the warts in an expeditious manner.

OK. around 1:28 to around 2:46. I did one of the following:
  1. Tried half a dozen takes and gently massaged them into one semi-cohesive solo.
  2. No processing, no fancy post production. Hell, I just grabbed a Strat and didn't even tune it.
https://fuzzypinkstrap.com/VJR/2020/No Warts Allowed-MM-PR.mp3

Last edited:

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
What is your definition of a warto_O? One persons wart may be someone else’s Jazz note:). Luckily Reaper has unlimited tracks so I may be able to put something together once I can set aside 6-8 hours:Beer:.

Elwood

Blues
Well here is what the dog says when he, or she, see the "NO DOGS" sign...:p

MM that is a fine track.(y) {edit} what a nice kick off you put on it too MM!!!) And I didn't mean any harm, :sneaky: but when I put my request for perfection in, the machine broke and I didn't get my money back. :(

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/vpq7jfzohw2wo38/no warts allowed-mm-pr-ew.mp3?dl=0

I snuck in behind Papa's tasty performance (he got the really sweet tones too!) and flitted about the fretboard from 2:46 to 4:10:whistle::whistle::whistle:

warts need love too:love:

(BTW: Ebm??? wadda you arranging for a dyslectic clarinet player with a broken reed?:censored: Whatzamatta yoo tooka my open strings?o_O:D)

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
MM,
Nice track:)
NO WARTS?!!!! that's torture for me:(
You really nailed it!
(y)

Papa,
Totally wartless!
Well done, for a farmer, that is!:sneaky:
(y)

Elwood,
Excellent!
When's the next Gig!
Waiting for your album.
(y)

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Well here is what the dog says when he, or she, see the "NO DOGS" sign...:p

MM that is a fine track.(y) {edit} what a nice kick off you put on it too MM!!!) And I didn't mean any harm, :sneaky: but when I put my request for perfection in, the machine broke and I didn't get my money back. :(

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/vpq7jfzohw2wo38/no warts allowed-mm-pr-ew.mp3?dl=0

I snuck in behind Papa's tasty performance (he got the really sweet tones too!) and flitted about the fretboard from 2:46 to 4:10:whistle::whistle::whistle:

warts need love too:love:

(BTW: Ebm??? wadda you arranging for a dyslectic clarinet player with a broken reed?:censored: Whatzamatta yoo tooka my open strings?o_O:D)
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I told you you could do it Elwood!!!!!! And boy did you DO IT!!! Superb!!!(y)(y)

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
MM,
Nice track:)
NO WARTS?!!!! that's torture for me:(
You really nailed it!
Thanks Moto. I never thought about your style of playing when I came up with this crazy idea.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Although it would be interesting to hear what you could produce under pressure.:sneaky::D I suppose it's like asking you to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on a Les Paul at full volume, through a Mega Fuzz pedal into a Marshall Plexi Stack, without frightening the children.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
MM very nice of you with all the sweet stuff you have been playing. (probably just surprised it took me a second to encounter a wild note). Your tones and taste are coming together in a wonderful way!
Have you been to the Moto School of Phrasing by any chance?:whistle:
Yup, that along with all the schooling all you guys put out everyday! I'm grateful!
your opening few bars.
Whew, I got away with it! I stepped on @PapaRaptor right as he closed. (I tried to be subtle Papa) You can maybe hear the tone change just at the end of his last line. I played that with him to get moving but used the fade in to hide it. Trying something to make the start up flow more smoothly.

Last edited: