Miscellaneous Creating Drum Tracks

Elwood

Blues
Well, a few days in. I have never had this much fun with any music software! [to me] it is easy to understand and work with. It sounds great!!! The Nashville kit in particular. Remembering where I heard the sound I like will be my challenge, same with anything. Slides into Reaper like material through a goose. Two notes:

1) I could tell I was screwed anyway, so I just went ahead and got a few upgrade pks to get started. (I got the Country EZX from Sweetwarter and Jazz, Americana, Blues, and Reggae midi pks from Toontrack. I hear tons of great stuff in there! You can build up a drum track and hear it with various kits, really? I mean, really!

2) Reaper really is the deal of the century, as far as I know. $60 gets you a full, licensed copy with all the support you can stand. Sixty bucks, really?

a short note from happy camper land

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Well, a few days in. I have never had this much fun with any music software! [to me] it is easy to understand and work with. It sounds great!!! The Nashville kit in particular. Remembering where I heard the sound I like will be my challenge, same with anything. Slides into Reaper like material through a goose. Two notes:

1) I could tell I was screwed anyway, so I just went ahead and got a few upgrade pks to get started. (I got the Country EZX from Sweetwarter and Jazz, Americana, Blues, and Reggae midi pks from Toontrack. I hear tons of great stuff in there! You can build up a drum track and hear it with various kits, really? I mean, really!

2) Reaper really is the deal of the century, as far as I know. $60 gets you a full, licensed copy with all the support you can stand. Sixty bucks, really?

a short note from happy camper land

Now you need to get EZ Keys so you can add some nice honky tonk piano parts. As soon as I get EZ Guitar, EZ Bass & EZ Singer, I can finally quit wasting my time trying to learn how to actually play these these instruments. Then I can get EZ Manager and EZ Roadie and become a Professional touring musician, right from my basement.

MarcV

Blues Junior
I'm getting familiar with Impact XT in Studio One. I took one of their jazz drum kits and tweaked a few things to my ears.
For shuffle tracks, I don't put much emphasis on the triplet feel of a shuffle except on fills and breaks. Most of the meat and potatoes are essentially kick-snare-kick-snare on the beat.
Here's 12 bars from one I've been working on. It ain't fancy, but I ain't no drummer, either. I think it's at 105 bpm.
https://fuzzypinkstrap.com/forum/Bass-Drums-Mix.mp3
Hi Papa,
Did you generate the bass from within Impact XT as well?

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Hi Papa,
Did you generate the bass from within Impact XT as well?
No, for two reasons.
1. Impact XT is only does drums. To do a bass in Studio One, one would use the Presence synth plug-in.
2. I play bass and would rather do that myself.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I read through this thread. On my way to get a bottle of Anacin..
I only have about 3,000 very good jam tracks stashed, and I don't write songs so ...