Jump Blues In C - Complete

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Since peppy little numbers seem to be popular this week, here is one I grabbed from a Youtube video nearly 3 years ago. The guy who posted it has more or less disappeared, but it's still a fun track.

https://fuzzypinkstrap.com/VJR/2020/clean/JumpBlues-FastShuffleSwingBluesInCMajor.mp3

I'll sit this one out, since I used it in a livestream on Facebook a few days ago, where I made the attempt to cover the entire track. LIvestreams are fun, scary and very nerve-wracking. There is no place to hide and the clams are immortalized for all to see. If you're in @MikeS BGU students FB group you may have already seen it. If not, here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/paparaptor/videos/10223393172720514
It's a public video, so you don't need a FB account to view it.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
***RECORDING***

PR... My respect meter for you has just been topped out! This track was tough enough playing to my basement wall for 1:11. No way I'm going live on FB for 6+ minutes doing this. How many beers did it take to click that FB Live button? I think it's definitely time for a slow blues after these last two.

Jump Blues Cmaj-TZ

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
***RECORDING***

PR... My respect meter for you has just been topped out! This track was tough enough playing to my basement wall for 1:11. No way I'm going live on FB for 6+ minutes doing this. How many beers did it take to click that FB Live button? I think it's definitely time for a slow blues after these last two.

Jump Blues Cmaj-TZ

Thanks. I try not to have too many courage builders before doing one of those, because I get a serious case of the stupids if I try and play after more than about three.
Sounds to me like your basement wall got a treat. I think you could handle a livestream without a problem. This track certainly didn't seem to give you any problems!

On the livestream, I didn't really look at the camera very often. I tend to forget it's there. The hard part of doing one (at least for me) is trying to not repeat the same licks too many times.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
OK, I decided to take a shot at this.

One take -- here we go:
please excuse the guitar grunting noises at the end of TZ's track.
I tried to delete it but I was messing things up so I left it (sorry)

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/ipa2ojhd8rxfm4j/Jump Blues Cmaj-TZ-JP MP3.mp3?dl=0

No worries on the grunting noises. It actually improved my part:Beer:. If you want to fix it, you should be able to put my take on track one and your take on track two and then just split them where it makes sense and combine it back into one track. That Texas Blues in A track has got your name all over it. There is still plenty of room for you to jump on it.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
TZ & JP. What can I say? I need a lie down after that!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Amazing playing guys.(y)(y) TZ is right JP, get yourself on to Texas Blues in A, you'll rip it up.(y)

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Papa,
Don't/ Won't do FB but, I was able to watch that.
You can really move!
That was great (y)

TZ,
Very tasty.
Nice!
(y)

JP,
Well.............that was off the hook!:eek:
I think you eclipsed my top seep twice over.
(y)

Last edited:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Hey Mike, fair play to you for diving in after those two leviathans of rock!!!!(n)(n)(n) You kept the feel and rhythm going nicely. I could have listened to you finish the track no problem.:)(y)

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hey Mike, fair play to you for diving in after those two leviathans of rock!!!!(n)(n)(n) You kept the feel and rhythm going nicely. I could have listened to you finish the track no problem.:)(y)

Thanks. After I stopped (Ran out of mojo) I realized that I should have either cut it short by 12 or taken the final 12 too. Oh well,

Elwood

Blues
Hot track Papa! TZ and JP just ripping it up, that's hot!
MIkeS, Sometimes you just say what you have to and that's all, good one!
Paleo, master of space and time! Tasty finale!!!